Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I talked to my dealer about order date today. He contacted his Dodge sales rep, and they said the cars will be able to be ordered in September, but there is no firm date. My sales guy also said a lot of dealers are spreading misinformation so they can build hype and get your $$$ for pre-orders. He said he is committed to sellinge a Hellcat for MSRP and says he doesn't like it when guys do crazy "market adjustment" markups. The guy seems pretty legit, although time will tell if he knows his stuff and honors his commitment to sell to me for MSRP. The dealership is Cherokee Dodge in Canton, GA.

On a slightly related note, back in 2011 I paid almost 10k for a "market adjustment" for my IE 392, and I have no intention of doing that again. I make pretty good money, and I could afford to pay more for my Hellcat. But I work VERY hard for my money, and I don't want to reward any dealer for price gouging customers. If a dealer charges a fair price for a Hellcat, I'll likely buy my wife's next car there too, and spread the word to other car buyers about how fair they are.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I talked to my dealer about order date today. He contacted his Dodge sales rep, and they said the cars will be able to be ordered in September, but there is no firm date. My sales guy also said a lot of dealers are spreading misinformation so they can build hype and get your $$$ for pre-orders. He said he is committed to sellinge a Hellcat for MSRP and says he doesn't like it when guys do crazy "market adjustment" markups. The guy seems pretty legit, although time will tell if he knows his stuff and honors his commitment to sell to me for MSRP. The dealership is Cherokee Dodge in Canton, GA.

On a slightly related note, back in 2011 I paid almost 10k for a "market adjustment" for my IE 392, and I have no intention of doing that again. I make pretty good money, and I could afford to pay more for my Hellcat. But I work VERY hard for my money, and I don't want to reward any dealer for price gouging customers. If a dealer charges a fair price for a Hellcat, I'll likely buy my wife's next car there too, and spread the word to other car buyers about how fair they are.
Hey RammJaeger,

I may have to pay a visit to that dealer in Canton. I went to my local dealer in Marietta, where I bought my current SRT, and the salesmen were telling me 8-10k markup and taking deposits. Not gonna get my business there.
Hopefully your dealer is more fair and I will have a talk with them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The latest from my dealership this morning:

"My rep confirmed that no dealer knows a date yet no matter what they are saying"

So currently it sounds like nobody knows when the order date will open.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey RammJaeger,

I may have to pay a visit to that dealer in Canton. I went to my local dealer in Marietta, where I bought my current SRT, and the salesmen were telling me 8-10k markup and taking deposits. Not gonna get my business there.
Hopefully your dealer is more fair and I will have a talk with them.
Are you talking about Ed Voyles? If so, yeah I'm not a fan of those guys. When I went to get my first SRT the salesman I was dealing with accidentally sent me an e-mail meant for one of his co-workers where he was blasting me. The e-mail went along the lines of "can you believe that jerk customer that was just in here? If that knucklehead thinks he can get that much for his trade in he should just go sell it himself." I responded and let him know he lost the sale. I then forwarded it on to the sales manager, although I don't think anything was ever done to the salesman. I run my own business, and if one of my employees sent an e-mail like that to a customer accidentally, I'd fire them on the spot.

I ended up going to another dealership which gave me exactly what I wanted for my trade-in, and bought an SRT there instead. So yeah I wouldn't give Ed Voyles the time of day.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Are you talking about Ed Voyles? If so, yeah I'm not a fan of those guys. When I went to get my first SRT the salesman I was dealing with accidentally sent me an e-mail meant for one of his co-workers where he was blasting me. The e-mail went along the lines of "can you believe that jerk customer that was just in here? If that knucklehead thinks he can get that much for his trade in he should just go sell it himself." I responded and let him know he lost the sale. I then forwarded it on to the sales manager, although I don't think anything was ever done to the salesman. I run my own business, and if one of my employees sent an e-mail like that to a customer accidentally, I'd fire them on the spot.

I ended up going to another dealership which gave me exactly what I wanted for my trade-in, and bought an SRT there instead. So yeah I wouldn't give Ed Voyles the time of day.

Yes, that's the one. I had a pretty good saleman 3 years ago when I bought my srt. But after your story and my last experience talking about the hellcat, I think I will be taking my business elsewhere as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm in Atlanta as well and first called Ed Voyles in early July. They started to put a list together and called me to be the 2nd on it and told me they were going to do a $5K market adjustment since it is going to be a limited edition numbered car, he was hearing only 500 would be made. They wanted me to put $5K down and that would go towards the market adjustment and wouldn't be surprised if they've increased that since I last spoke to them. I called BS on him and told him that was crap and they are only limited by production capacity and it isn't a limited run vehicle. Told him he could keep his market adjustment and go else where. Unfortunate because they are the largest volume SRT dealer in the area.

I went to a smaller market SRT dealer (Robert Loehr in Cartersville) who said they are being told they will get 2 of them. Me and one other guy have a $1K deposit down and they are selling to us at MSRP. Robert did say that they were getting out of state calls and was going to charge a $20K market if they sold it out of state but he would sell it for MSRP for "local guys." They are being told it could open up any day and they are checking every day for me (just spoke with them.) They haven't been told the 18th, haven't been told September and have just been told by their reps that it will open up any day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update here as well. Just had a dealer in Waldorf, MD leave me a message that if I'm still interested, they will be able to start taking orders within the next week or so.

Have not had time to call him back to see if they are still expecting to sell at MSRP or not. I've always had my jeep serviced by them and they have been especially fair in that regard when my sunroof and valve spring broke.

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
Another thread is stating order banks open 8-18, next Monday!

·
Banned
5,785 Posts

How can you be hard on a dealer that has a market adjustment on a car, when you are the very customer that he benefits from when he does it?? Glad you wont do it again, but the dealer learned that someone will in the past and so will do it again. Good luck on your hellcat though!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How can you be hard on a dealer that has a market adjustment on a car, when you are the very customer that he benefits from when he does it?? Glad you wont do it again, but the dealer learned that someone will in the past and so will do it again. Good luck on your hellcat though!
It was a different dealer that I paid the market adjustment to. Back then I wasn't connected to the community online here, and just assumed that all the IE 392's were marked up. I learned my lesson last time, which I why I'm not doing it this time. Hence the main point of my post - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Reactions: RoostKing

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went to the dealer yesterday, he told me a that the MSRP is 60k and their going to mark it up 15K. I'm number 36 on the waiting list. Hell will freeze over before I get a call. No deposit required.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.