Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am always curious about the forum names we give ourselves. What do they mean and how did you come up with your name? I'll start it off. CrankCase. One evening I was real tired and I got irritated with something and my son said "Don't be so cranky, your a real crank case." I needed an automotive name so CrankCase was born. So, who's next ?

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Don't really know, been using it since I was a beta tester for Applelink (which turned into AOL in 1984 or 85 (on my Apple IIc). To give you an idea, at the time there was a total of 23 people allowed in any chat room and there were only a total of three rooms at any time on the entire service over our 300 baud modems.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
iNDy RAM -> ND RAM

The blue and white trucks in my avatar are Indy 500 Pace Trucks, or Indy Rams for short. Mama and Dad each had one when I got mine (there's 4 total now) so I called it ND RAM to differentiate it, plus it was my liscense plate back when she was on the street...5 yrs ago.:(

·
Registered
630 Posts
Bought a Harley-Davidson Deuce in 2003 and have used the name blackdeuce on a few Harley message boards. I traded the Deuce on my current Road King, but I've stuck with the name.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Used to run my own moderately successful computer company early to mid 90's. Chose the company name "Omicron" after the greek letter "omicron" (between ksi and pi, pronounced ohm-i-cron). Had been using it on BBS systems before that, and when I had to choose a login that wasn't my last name. Been my internet name ever since the internet became viable. :)

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Got my nick name "Hemiwoman" when I started dating my husband. He was called "Hemiman" for an old 60 Dodge with a 392 Hemi he drove. When I started racing his 66 Plymouth Belvedere 426 Hemi, all the guys gave me the name. They even called my daughter "HemiKid".

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
If Doc Holiday were living today he'd be driving a Dodge of course, thus Dodge Holiday was born.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
No brain damage figuring mine out for sure.......I own a Yellow Harley Davidson Motorcycle.

·
Registered
585 Posts
as with everyone else I have a lot of usernames and many associated with my autos, trucks, motorcycles and guns etc etc, so when I joined this great forum it just hit me this one here is for some "dodgetime" Eric

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
A real life nickname. I've been known to imbibe from time to time. :guiness:I got it when G'nR first hit big (ie - a corruption of "Slash").

·
Registered
161 Posts
When i saw the The Big Lebowski i knew that i wanted to be called The Dude. I look nothing like him nor do i act like him just that it was cool that he called himself The Dude.

·
Premium Member
7,301 Posts
Mine is simply my email address I've used for years.

BWB = my initials
Bike = well, bike. :D

I've always ridden motorcycles for pleasure & commuting (since my teen years). I ride and race bicycles too (yes, even at my age).

·
Registered
461 Posts
When I realized that Dodge was making a white (Stone White) Challenger, I decided that I would purchase the R/T version and modify it as close to the Vanishing Point Challenger R/T as I could.
That Challenegr had the Colorado license plate tag number OA-5599.
That number was already taken here in Florida.
I wasn't too disappointed. I didn't actually have a 1970 Challenger R/T anyway. I got the next generation of the 1970 Challenger R/T, so I added one (1) to OA-5599 and got OA-5600 (which tag number was available here in Florida).
As you can see, my avatar is my license tag.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts