Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I did the "Suitcase" delete, I ran a 4.97 0-60 (with ESP completely off). The best 0-60 times after I put in the CAI was 5.1. Now after replacing the resonators with glasspacks; the best time is 5.4. WTF? Does it take awile before "HAL" learns the new mods?

·
Registered
197 Posts
lost some Low End I think..and More flow needs more fuel...and with Predator you can add a bit to keep it outta the Lean Kill zone.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it seems a little sluggish off the line.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Trying pull the number 2 fuse for 30seconds to see if it livens things up a bit. It also might be the weather, hotter temps will effect your time a lot

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
The other thing that I do which makes a HUGE difference in these cars, is
Step 1) Roll the windows down
Step 2) Turn off the air conditioning and blow engine air
Step 3) Turn the fan to full hot
Step 4) Point the air ducts to blow on your feet
Step 5) Turn the fan to the highest speed

I really notice a difference in the winter doing this. I have had a few times where we have gone on fun runs and driven the cars HARD and doing this makes a world of difference because the motor isn't trying as hard to make power. I do agree with the general concensus here that you are running lean. TXMojo and Chris are right though, high temps kill power and your mods probably made the car way lean. I would go for the predator and also go with a lower thermostat. Both of those mods together will really help you.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, but the temp hasn't been over 70 for the past few days. I'm waiting to burn out this tank of gas so I can refill with 93. Then I'll throw in a tune. My Predator arrived yesterday.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
dude, when it's colder is when it makes the most difference. I'm serious. It gets into the 30s here and then in 3rd and 4th (auto car) it pulls like crazy but it's sluggish in hot weather. Try it. I bet you will notice a difference.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is it spinning? Just cause your making more power does not mean it's getting to the ground.

On my race car (68 Plymouth ) if it's rich good air picks it up.
I think you just need to keep playing with it.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
... Does it take awile before "HAL" learns the new mods?
these cars have a MAP system. it will never learn your mods. you need to retune/rewrite the engines parameters. your car is slowing down because it is getting father and farther out of tune.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
When you load the predator tune, it will reset the adaptives without the fuse, mine felt alot stronger after loading the tune, but after a month of plodding around in traffic its adapting to traffic conditions again. Its wise to try the fuse now before loading the predator tune to see if it makes any difference for you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
update to ver 28 and tune with throttle booster. this will help your 60' times

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I don't think the addition of any catback is going to affect the tune of the car enough to justify special tuning by the trinity or diablo. You'd have to go long tube headers, eliminate the catalytic converters, AND open up the rest of the system to really change the flow enough to need special tune parameters.

I deleted the suitcase, installed some magnaflows, left the resonators on initially, then swapped them out for blastin bob's resonaor delete kit, then took those off and put the resonators back on, i run a 91 octane tune with the predator currently. It doesn't need a special tune with my minor exhaust mods.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I deleted the suitcase and resonators them put in a pair of inexpensive mufflers, along with the few mods I did. The only retune I did was the diablo 93 tune. You can see my 1/4 mile time. I will say the temps were in the 40's though.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
215 Posts
No, White!!!

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had a black Jeep once. It would stay clean for maybe 2 days. White isn't much better. Silver or gold are the best colors for looking good. Oh, and I finally got my Predator tune in today. 0-60 @ 5.03; in auto, with ESP on; just floored it and went.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts