Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the Challenger and Charger as THE two vehicles holding up the modern day muscle era. The design was to retro the 60-70's big muscle image. I follow several social media groups and pages and its been my observation today's Mopar scene has changed. Today's Mopar scene seems to be about deleting mufflers and resonators to see whose car is the loudest, tire stickers, instagram usernames on their windows, neon colored stripes, louvers, large wickerbills, neon underglow lighting (which was the trend back in 2000 when Fast and Furious movie premiered), among other neon lighting interior/exterior wise. Or maybe I'm just getting old. Is your local Mopar scene like this?

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,560 Posts
Fortunately.......most of the stuff you describe above is happening more on 4WD pickups that are lifted in the front and lowered in the rear (Carolina Squat) around my area. Sure....one will see a few MoPars with that dastardly stuff on’em, but it hasn’t been overly trendy here (KY).....yet.

Reactions: moparnoother

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Nope, my 2016 Challenger HellCat is loud enough from the factory, I did add LED lights to the interrier of the car also the puddle lights have a HellCat figure that shines when you open the doors.
My car color is bright enough too..............REDLINE RED

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
I see the Challenger and Charger as THE two vehicles holding up the modern day muscle era. The design was to retro the 60-70's big muscle image. I follow several social media groups and pages and its been my observation today's Mopar scene has changed. Today's Mopar scene seems to be about deleting mufflers and resonators to see whose car is the loudest, tire stickers, instagram usernames on their windows, neon colored stripes, louvers, large wickerbills, neon underglow lighting (which was the trend back in 2000 when Fast and Furious movie premiered), among other neon lighting interior/exterior wise. Or maybe I'm just getting old. Is your local Mopar scene like this?
I wish they never made the fast and furious and left the cool cars to the 50’s,60’s & 70’s.
That way 4 door cars would still be UN-cool and Dodge wouldn’t have destroyed the image of the Charger nameplate and when they started the car wars we’d start with the Challenger as it has a MAN pedal.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,111 Posts
Sounds like you are describing the "Social Media Scene" ;)

A Guy

Reactions: moparnoother

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
it's the logical extension of adding a hundred billet parts all reminding you that you're driving a Mopar or Challenger as if you'd forget. lol

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
156 Posts
So the "its your car do what makes you happy" is out the window? When you start making payments on other peoples car then tell them what to do with it. If it ain't for you then don't do it to yours. There will always be people that like things that a large other portion of people consider dumb

·
Registered
2018 RT, Manual, Destroyer Gray
13 Posts
Kinda like choosing one's own hairstyle isn't it? But, we all don't have to like your hairstyle.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,683 Posts
You're not visiting the right forums here...

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Super Moderator
16,094 Posts
I have noticed pretty much all of those items - and as mentioned the "cool" factor (which don't relate to at all...) of leaving the front splitter shipping protectors on...I think it might have to do with a younger demographic here in North Carolina compared to the West Coast were I lived previously.

however, with the mid 40s+ members, there isn't much of that.

So I tend to hang around more with those members as I have more interests in common.

It reminds me of the people that I made friends with in high school - there were those that were involved with all the "in" trends of the the day and there were the people that had ongoing interests that we shared in common.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body
87 Posts
I think it depends on the type of the scene and age of the owner. The guys doing stupid shit like LEDs under lights and all that attention seeking stuff are usually your younger guys. Social media doesn’t help matters. “Hooning” is a thing and if you don’t rev your shit to redline for at least 30 seconds, no one will notice you showed up to the meet. /s

at the end of the day if someone wants to do stupid shit with their car that’s fine. Not your problem.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
40 Posts
We really don't have a car scene out here in rural Kentucky. Maybe up around Louisville. Out where I am it's all pickup trucks, some modern muscle, older muscle on weekends. Friday thru Sunday a lot of drag cars on trailers heading to one of the two drag strips nearby. Rarely do you see anything like a tuner car. Welcome!

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
So the "its your car do what makes you happy" is out the window? When you start making payments on other peoples car then tell them what to do with it. If it ain't for you then don't do it to yours. There will always be people that like things that a large other portion of people consider dumb
I don't see where anyone said not to do what makes you happy with your car or tell you what to do with it. Whether or not I like it shouldn't matter one bit, but I still get to get to laugh at it if I think its dumb.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,111 Posts
I generally don't like vegetables (wish I did), and some people are VEGETARIAN! They eat mostly vegetables...

So I know some people like different things... doesn't mean I won't post memes making fun of them

But yeah, do whatever makes you happy, life is too short...and there are murder hornets...

A Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Being a part of the newer generation, I feel obligated to speak on this. I think the scene is just divided. There are people who want to BE fast, and there are people who want to LOOK fast or draw attention. Both are fine, just different approaches. Sometimes, these scenes overlap, but I've encountered completely different people at the cruises I've been to versus the meetups I've been to.

For me, I bought my Hellcat to BE fast, not just look like it. To each their own.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
In my area, the Mopar scene has often been divided. It's definitely gotten better in recent years though.

Around 2011 when I got my first Challenger and started bringing it to local events (I was 19-20 at the time), I experienced it for myself. There were 2 distinctly different camps. The younger guys with LX platforms and modern Hemis, and the old guys with 60s and 70s Mopars.

Now let me be clear I am speaking on my own experience and not trying to generalize. In my area, some of the old guys were pretty clear that they didn't think our newer cars should be welcome at shows. They were very stuck in their ways. Basically, carburetors and numbers matching were everything and us young guys could never understand.

Myself and other modern Mopar owners were early founders of the Saskatchewan Modern Mopar Club. Our mission was to make our presence known at events and try to welcome other young enthusiasts to get involved. It worked. Now years later, even some of those old guys have come around and are driving Hellcats and Scat Pack Shakers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts