Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

Just would like to see who all might be interested in a under-drive pulley setup for the 3.6L Pentastar
We would need at least 10 people interested in this setup to have them made.
No purchase is necessary at this time however once we have enough interest in these a deposit will be required to move forward. Also keep in mind we will be working with ATI Performance on this, They have been in the balancer business for 30+ years and they supply most of all the High HP builds.
Price Range will probably be in the 300-400.00 Dollar range so please only put your name down if you are committed to see this happen.

Also let me know if anyone has a stock balancer laying around that they do not need.

Thank you let me know if you have ay questions.

1.GlennW
2.ddeennis
3.KennyLives
4.RTS001
5.2RISE

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
I'm in, Dennis

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
What's the hp/torque increase?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Plenty of info out there about underdrive pulley, this is from a major pulley company, in the Q and A
section.

"1. "Do underdrive pulleys really deliver more horse power?"
Every experience we have with underdriving engine accessories shows that yes underdrive pulleys do deliver more horse power by freeing up power lost to parasitic drag. The amount you will realize depends on your car and the accessories you are driving, a car with alternator, water pump, power steering, A/C and a smog pump will see a larger HP gain then a car with alternator and water pump only. Dollar for dollar underdrive pulleys are one of the best value for HP gain on the market. But don't take our word alone on this, every magazine we have seen who have tested under drive pulleys has show a HP gain, some as high as 12.5 HP. Click here to see how 5.0 Mustang & Super Ford "Bolted-on" an easy 15HP for less than $100! and all in under one hour."

Underdrive will show gains under the entire rpm curve, not like some products
that show a 10 hp gain in one little spot of the power curve. Then claim increase power
10 hp.

LS1 engines keep showing 7-8 rwhp, but over the entire curve, just not peak, so it's
something you will feel.

My own testing with different engines have shown gains of 1-2 tenths decrease and 1-2 mph
gain in trap speed.

Not knowing what the % is yet hard to say, I know products
like this work, I'm just surprised it hasn't come to light yet, any of the
3.6 owners could benifit from it, jeeps, avengers, chargers, once word gets
out should have plenty of good reviews.

·
Registered
828 Posts
if it would also work on a 3.5L ..... ???

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Fantastic:IThankYou:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
I'm in let me know. Can I have it installed here in mn? Do you know any here? For the 3.6 how much HP increase are we looking at?
I'll give you a hand after I figure out how to do it on mine. Read the earlier post by ddeennis (post 6) for what the gains may be. :cheers:

·
Registered
94 Posts
This sounds pretty good. So at +10hp real feel hp. What tools would be needed to do this? I'm in SC so idk who can install this. Need to know before I commit

1 - 20 of 33 Posts