Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The "OFFICIAL" post your LE 392 plaque number here thread site.

Who will post the lowest number?

Who will post the highest?

What forum members will have identical numbers to someone else?

In a very short time the 'numbers' will begin to spin a tale beyond our wildest imagination!

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Spot reserved for # 37, I will edit when I get my car in May. lol

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...interesting to say the least...

It's going to be interesting to say the least how the numbers roll forth :indifferent:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Chrysler makes no sense on how they will issue numbers. I know for a fact that a late numbered 08 has the earliest production date because it was a test mule . Don't flame me but what I know is a fact .

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Blakki's magic number...

Fun idea DH!

Here is my placeholder for the special 26/392. Car arrived Feb 18 2011!

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
I'm hoping our car will be one of the first ten. With my friend Bob on my side you just never know.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In a way it's like the lotto except there is no million dollar prize.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Reserving my spot for now

It WILL be 13/1100 or 666/1100 :D

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Chrysler makes no sense on how they will issue numbers. I know for a fact that a late numbered 08 has the earliest production date because it was a test mule . Don't flame me but what I know is a fact .
I have never seen them issue numbers in actual build order. They are usually applied totally at random. One exception to the random application was the Plum Crazy 2007 Charger Super Bee. They built 300 of them and the plaques were matched to exact VIN order. But the build sequence was all over the place. The first one built was #165, the 2nd was #049 and the 3rd was #017. Plaque #001 went to the 78th built.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have never seen them issue numbers in actual build order. They are usually applied totally at random. One exception to the random application was the Plum Crazy 2007 Charger Super Bee. They built 300 of them and the plaques were matched to exact VIN order. But the build sequence was all over the place. The first one built was #165, the 2nd was #049 and the 3rd was #017. Plaque #001 went to the 78th built.
Why random? Whynot use common sense and give the first built #1 and go down the line...

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
im sure they are shipped in order in a nicely packed box from the plaque printing company...does Dodge pay someone to mix them up? do they mix them up on purpose?

·
Banned
557 Posts
Why random? Whynot use common sense and give the first built #1 and go down the line...
Disorganization is probably the real reason, lol. :D

But moreso, I'd like to think it's intentional. Not giving away #1 to the first person with the most money (and quickest to order) gives everyone else hope to land that special number. So maybe, in a weird sense, to help drive business and keep pre-orders rolling in.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Contact the upfit facility in Windsor. They deal with retail / walk-in customers as well, so there will be someone there to answer your questions about sequencing I'm sure. They are the ones most likely putting on the dash plaques for the 392s. They were the ones that applied the ones for the SRT Furious Fuchsia cars. I didn't think of asking them about any specific sequence when I stopped in to check out the yard last summer.

Ground Effects
Canadian Upfit Facility
2946 Walker Rd.
Windsor, ON N8Y 3R4
ph: 519-972-3818

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Mopar'10s were the same way...
The numbers are all over the place with no rhyme or reason to number vs VIN.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Im not sending my car back because I got #1099. I dont care really what # I get. Look at the bright side. There will only be 1492 of us that have the car anyways. Thats special enough. :browsmiley:

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I bet I know who is getting #1 next weekend and it is here in So Cal.
Is Hugh Hefner buying it for his hot new "fast car loving" wife 2b?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts