Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really find it strange that Dodge opened the order banks today for all Challengers except the Hellcat and supplied no information at all on pricing of any type of model variant or option. I would think Dodge would want to get some cars in the order banks and sell some cars. I'm sure dealers and people who have a lot of money would order with no pricing but I will not. I want to order a Sublime or B5 Blue R/T Shaker and I know what options I want but I will not place a special order with no pricing. I guess I will look at dealer stock when the cars hit the ground and then decide if I really want a 2015. I would think pricing will come soon but I just don't understand why Dodge would still be keeping the pricing of the Challengers that are less expensive than the Hellcats under raps. I want to be loyal and order the exact car I want. I'm sure I can eventually do this but at some point if a car catches my eye and it's a stock order I will make an attempt to buy that car.
If Dodge does not announce pricing soon I will continue to enjoy my Shaker which I consider to be the best all around Challenger I have ever owned. Heck, if they really hold back on the Shaker option until later in the 2015 model year they will lose my business for 2015. 2016 will bring a little something different or better. I want what I want. I don't want to be forced to buy a fully loaded car nor no I want t be forced to buy a car with no options. Come on Dodge, don't lose your loyal customers. It's bad enough that you still can't order a Hellcat.

·
Registered
353 Posts
They never have the prices ready when the order banks opened, nothing new this year

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They never have the prices ready when the order banks opened, nothing new this year
Hmm. I ordered very early in 2013 and I had option prices. The banks had been open about a week or two.

·
Registered
112 Posts
They don't start producing the Challenger's until 7/27. Maybe they are waiting until closer to that date to unveil the prices.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,072 Posts
Reactions: brampton builder

·
Premium Member
10,432 Posts
Dealers place stock orders for their lots and the consumer goes there and sees the sticker and then negotiates to buy the car. The dealer doesn't need to see any price as it's not like they will say no and leave the lot empty because the 2015's are expensive. They know their target market and know what cars to have on hand and what equiptment to have in them. If the dealership is in an affluent area the majority of cars will have lots of options in them.
Suppose the hellcat is $80,000, the dealer orders it and you either buy it or let the next guy, the car will sell and the dealers could not care less who it is that came and said I will buy it.
The dealer NEVER loses!
Remember the golden rule "who ever has the gold, makes the rules".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts