Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.... this is for real unlike my satiracal piece about the emblem installation going awry. I heard this from a guy who's brother works for a private part's manufacturing firm that supplies components to Chrysler. This brother does not work for Chrysler itself.

The delay in the 392 Challenger deliveries lies with leaky door handles. That's all he knew about the problem.

Anyone else hear this?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
with all the brand new parts im sure there are problems with more than 1 part..soon we will get photo's of 100's of IE392's sitting in the parking lot with 1' of snow on them.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
So much for the "garage queens" on that batch!

·
Registered
557 Posts
"leaky door handles"

Yeah, I heard the door handles leak oil. Or was it anti-freeze? LOL

Holiday...you're killin' us!

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"leaky door handles"

Yeah, I heard the door handles leak oil. Or was it anti-freeze? LOL

Holiday...you're killin' us!
I can see this scene playing out:

Management sends notice that they want the "Holiday car" brought over to a special room. Once it arrives, a special rubber bushing is given to a technician to be inserted into the suspension. It's designed to squeak like a cricket on every left turn :pimp:

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
This is funny sad and somewhat true!

I found out a long time ago what the hold up was on the 6 speed 6.1 srts 2 tears ago. I CAN NOT LET the cat of of the bag, but it was so so stupid and sad and yet true.

So it could be something as simple as a gromet, door handle etc.

In 18 years at GM you can not even imagine some of the hold ups we had for new units.

·
Registered
486 Posts
If the 392 will be the new SRT8, will that make the 6.1L the R/T? Will pricing reflect that ya think?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
If the 392 will be the new SRT8, will that make the 6.1L the R/T? Will pricing reflect that ya think?
R/T is keeping the 5.7L from everything that's been written on here and the 6.1L is dead.

That would be an interesting idea though. Keep the 6.1L alive and marry it to the Mopar 10...Challenger T/A. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts