Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've been told a few reasons for the Limited Edition 392's delay; a 730 GPS holdup being one, missing parts being another. In my mind, I believe the following is going on inside Brampton's walls hidden from public eye. The 'real situation' inside that plant looks something like this:

Imagine huge crumpled balls of white and blue striping tape overfilling plant garbage cans. Brown backing paper lying all over the factory floors like new-car place mats.

Management is out excitedly talking to the striping crew telling them they're causing a huge backlog on Challenger production. Employees and management scratch their heads trying to figure out a better way to lay down the Limited Edition stripes without error?

You know how hard it is to put decals on! You try to get a stripe even and think you finally have it, only to find it's crooked as hail. Off it comes in a rumpled crumbled mess, with you shouting a few obscenities to boot.

Well these guys at Brampton are having the same problem. The stripes are so big & awkward that it's hard to get them placed evenly.

Currently in a move to try and solve the problem, senior plant executives are furiously trying to get hold of the famous pinstriper VON DUTCH, not realizing the master of stripe died in 1992 :indifferent:

That my friends, is the real reason on the limited edition 392 delay.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Too funny!

^ hahahaha, soak the car in soapy water,apply decals wet, allign, squeegie and bam... striped. NEXT!!!!
That is too funny revenge!

I worked in a shop that put the decals on state trooper cars and trucks. Saw my share of expensive decals going in the trash can. It usually took a guy 1 screwup before he got it right.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Then don't put the Ford stripes on the car... and ship them out the door in all there stripe less mopar glory. :thumbsup:

Problem solved :satan:

I can't believe guys are complaining about delays already in the 1st 2 weeks of production ;)
How long did the FF guys wait until they finally got around to building the darn cars.
Or the Mopar'10 that sat waiting for parts or whatever the delay was, from Aug to Oct.
--------------

Rest assured the 392's will enter the shipping pipe just as 30" of snow closes down all the northern interstates. :scared:
Murphy's Law.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Rest assured the 392's will enter the shipping pipe just as 30" of snow closes down all the northern interstates. :scared:
Murphy's Law.
They've already salted the roads here and we've had 2 minor snow falls this year. My main concern was beating the road salt but it's too late for that. :disgust:

·
Banned
162 Posts
I drive by ground effects in Windsor everyday, as my job is to patrol the streets, if you catch what I'm saying. I can say there is probably about 200 Mopar edition challengers in the compound right now with no side stripes (waiting to be applied) a few other normal challengers, but absolutely NO white challengers that one would think is a 392 edition. Just saying. I have head there are a few issues right now with parts vendors and the fit/quality of the 2011 parts for the new vehicles. The caravan isn't even on full production yet due to parts issues. So im assuming that Brampton is having teh same issues.
Someone has to work at the plant to fill us in???

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
It would be nice to know when they start rolling. Its funny one person says there rolling down the line now and anohter says not yet and anohter says there only pre production "test" models. I think RS needs to chime in as he seems to be the ultimate in information about the car to date. I still believe what Bob told me about my non IE SRT order which was to expect it around Feb.

·
Registered
105 Posts
R/Ts Coming Out

I ordered a R/T-C and it went to KZ yesterday, according to my dealer. Still don't know when I'll have it though.

Ordered 9/23 and the wait is killing me...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I drive by ground effects in Windsor everyday, as my job is to patrol the streets, if you catch what I'm saying. I can say there is probably about 200 Mopar edition challengers in the compound right now with no side stripes (waiting to be applied) a few other normal challengers, but absolutely NO white challengers that one would think is a 392 edition. Just saying. I have head there are a few issues right now with parts vendors and the fit/quality of the 2011 parts for the new vehicles. The caravan isn't even on full production yet due to parts issues. So im assuming that Brampton is having teh same issues.
Someone has to work at the plant to fill us in???
Thanks Steve and keep us up to date if you see anything. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not really sweating the holdup. Just a 'good natured' poke at the wait. Could have attributed the holdup on....

"Jimmy the Challenger stripe man" meeting some really hot number in Winnepeg 2-weeks back, and his hands not being so steady ever since.

or better yet blame it on the parts guy.

Eddie in parts ordered the wrong colors of striping tape. 60-humongous rolls of yellow and black showed up. Eddie swears up and down it was the suppliers fault, not his!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,733 Posts
Whatever the reason for any delay is pretty piss poor and lame in my book. It's December for God's sake and they can't introduce a 2011 model in the showroom but can tour the country touting them? I think they've got it bass ackwards!:notallthere:

·
Registered
954 Posts
dont they use lasers now to guide in alignment with front to back stripes nowadays? i know its hard to get right after doing a gt350 years ago,i bet its probably a parts supplier problem.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
here in WI its too late to drive it for 4 months anyways, so it doesnt really matter if its delayed a month

my original delivery date was 12/20, but i figured it would be Jan after reading how delayed the Mopar 10 and FF's were.....

it gives me an extra month to gather all the money together.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
The anticipation of this car is very similar to the 2008 as people started to spot the pre-production models and the buzz started. I think sending the cars out on tour and showing up on dynos, drag strips ect... is an awesome idea to get the buzz going and also giving some realtime feedback on the current configuration.

The real reason could go all the way back to the first plant shut down for reorganization and then creating all of the beautiful colors some of which caused issues. Most knew that the 2011 would be a late addition as the Charger with it's major redesign was going to be the main emphasis for this model year all in all I think they hit a home run :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts