14,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uh oh ...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
Strange only place it can be found is that 1 forum...

A Guy

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might be pilots and not real cars, don't know yet.

·
Super Moderator
15,725 Posts
Might be pilots and not real cars, don't know yet.

I'd hope so - can you imagine the car you ordered is now burned scrap metal? Its not like you could put another order in and get another Demon.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Speechless. Just hope it is fake........but it sure looks bad!

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
I'd hope so - can you imagine the car you ordered is now burned scrap metal? Its not like you could put another order in and get another Demon.
Insurance would cover them, so Chrysler would not be out the $$$. You do not think Chrysler would build ones to replace them if they were actually ordered by customers instead of refunding deposits?

·
Super Moderator
15,725 Posts
Insurance would cover them, so Chrysler would not be out the $$$. You do not think Chrysler would build ones to replace them if they were actually ordered by customers instead of refunding deposits?
Not typically, but if they found that a defect / issue with assembly was the cause of this - they might build replacements as a goodwill move, since its likely these were pre-sold vehicles.

If it happened after release (say the carrier's truck had a tire / brake catch on fire and cause the damage, then its after the goods were released for shipment - then a replacement probably wouldn't be made.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Yeah, I'm certain FCA will build ones to replace them or they'd face lawsuits from the customers who placed the orders for those Demons.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
669 Posts
More information / opinion from the guy who ordered the first Demon."https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nga8nU-BD3c"

·
Super Moderator
15,725 Posts
after watching the video - a couple of possibilities.

the trailer's HVAC unit had a malfunction and started to burn - in turn the car on the top level at the front caught fire.

Or, there was an electrical fire one the car and being enclosed, the heat began combustion on the other cars. One one of the side shots, it looked like the fuel tank failed from the flames of the vehicle below it (back end of the red one on upper deck is severely burned, while rest of body isn't as much.

Learned from the video that Demons are being shipped in enclosed trailers, vs. the standard open frame transporter truck / railcar.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haven't seen it but FCA supposedly responded to a Facebook post that these were not production cars, they built 55 pilots so could have been a few of them being moved around.

Reliable has also posted that the person quoted as being a Reliable employee was not so we can discount what he said.

Also don't see where FCA said these cars are getting enclosed delivery, those trucks ain't cheap and don't see FCA eating it for the same $1,095 destination with 3,300 cars to deliver.

·
Super Moderator
15,725 Posts
Aren't the customer vehicles shipped with the blue rims?
that's from Brampton Assembly - the conveyor can't accept the 305/35-20 (Hellcat WB) or the 315/40-18 Demon wheel / tire assemblies. They are build with the blue wheel & 275/40-20 tire.

Then are shipped over to the upfitter to have the correct 18x11" or 20x11" wheel / tire combo that they are delivered to final destination with.

The blue wheels are sent back to the plant for installation on the next 'Cat WB or Demon that will come down the lines.

Reactions: silver scat
1 - 20 of 35 Posts