Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Wow what a thread.My take on snake oil is the basic simple bs crap that seems to flow hard as of lately.
1-Cold air and throttle body's that make over 40rwhp
2-Stock engines with SC that make 700rwhp with stock fuel pumps
3-Stock transmissions surviving on cars making over 550rwhp
4-Pump gas BS
5-Guys making over 550rwhp with a SC at 15psi on pump gas 15 degrees of timing!!
6-Special magic tune ups that Albert Einstein himself would scratch his head
7-Dyno sheets that look like Obama's Birth Certificate

All this is my personal take. I have been a member of this forum since 2008 and enjoyed ever minute from the beginning. I watched Notsure get the very first 6 speed Challenger ever made to vendors lining up to help get us the support. I personally tried to push the envolope with a SC. I was on of the first twin screw SRT on this forum in January 2009. I started making 4 psi out the box. I then went up to 6 psi in March 2009. I then pushed the limits in August 2009 14psi pump gas stock fuel pump. I had a fellow NMRA Super Street Outlaw Racer in Houston, Tx strap the Swamp Monster on the drums and see what it had. I made 500rwhp first hit the blew the spark plugs out. Changed the plugs made 538rwhp 9 degrees of timing 14psi on pump gas. That is all it had due to octane limits {93} anymore timing and the car would knock and bang. The aftermath is 4 months later 4 popped pistons. I have personal experience not a story line from a Hollywood script. I only have my personal experience to base the test on. I then pulled the motor at home in the driveway and I built a homegrown 426 thx PWR for the parts!!! I did some homegrown head and bench work with the assembly and made 569rwhp 8psi on 93 octane with 32oz torco 14 degrees of timing. I noticed from the data logs and on the dyno transmission started to slip after 550rwhp on the gear change.I had SHR build me a Badd Azz racing transmission and problem solved. So the moral is I fell of the turnip truck and just crawled out from under a rock last nite? Maybe? But being a racer that has more than 50 7 second et passes under my belt, I claim to think different.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Why do crazy threads start with the same usual suspects?:guiness:

Here is some Snake oil....

2011 Chevy Volt | Chevrolet

It works...but it is still bullsh!t

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
who's krazy? :notallthere: maybe a screw loose :scratchhead: But krazy?

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
From alibaba?? :lol:
It looks like he's switched over to the thieves' side.
I was thinking more of a magical Genie...
Do we have to rub-it to make it work?!?!? :lol:

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
Wow what a thread.My take on snake oil is the basic simple bs crap that seems to flow hard as of lately.
1-Cold air and throttle body's that make over 40rwhp
2-Stock engines with SC that make 700rwhp with stock fuel pumps
3-Stock transmissions surviving on cars making over 550rwhp
4-Pump gas BS
5-Guys making over 550rwhp with a SC at 15psi on pump gas 15 degrees of timing!!
6-Special magic tune ups that Albert Einstein himself would scratch his head
7-Dyno sheets that look like Obama's Birth Certificate

All this is my personal take. I have been a member of this forum since 2008 and enjoyed ever minute from the beginning. I watched Notsure get the very first 6 speed Challenger ever made to vendors lining up to help get us the support. I personally tried to push the envolope with a SC. I was on of the first twin screw SRT on this forum in January 2009. I started making 4 psi out the box. I then went up to 6 psi in March 2009. I then pushed the limits in August 2009 14psi pump gas stock fuel pump. I had a fellow NMRA Super Street Outlaw Racer in Houston, Tx strap the Swamp Monster on the drums and see what it had. I made 500rwhp first hit the blew the spark plugs out. Changed the plugs made 538rwhp 9 degrees of timing 14psi on pump gas. That is all it had due to octane limits {93} anymore timing and the car would knock and bang. The aftermath is 4 months later 4 popped pistons. I have personal experience not a story line from a Hollywood script. I only have my personal experience to base the test on. I then pulled the motor at home in the driveway and I built a homegrown 426 thx PWR for the parts!!! I did some homegrown head and bench work with the assembly and made 569rwhp 8psi on 93 octane with 32oz torco 14 degrees of timing. I noticed from the data logs and on the dyno transmission started to slip after 550rwhp on the gear change.I had SHR build me a Badd Azz racing transmission and problem solved. So the moral is I fell of the turnip truck and just crawled out from under a rock last nite? Maybe? But being a racer that has more than 50 7 second et passes under my belt, I claim to think different.

Telling it like it is :)

·
Registered
334 Posts

Please do...I want to see you guys get beat again ROFL!:guiness:

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Lets keep this thread about BS bolt ons that still sell no matter how silly they are. There are plenty of other buildup threads (and wars about build ups) on the site, lets not turn this thread into another one. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts