Dodge Challenger Forum banner

The story of the black ghost

9K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  SickToo 
#1 ·
#11 ·
#10 ·
That was awesome! Rarely would I watch a video that long, but what a great story. Thanks moparnoother

A Guy

#12 ·
Great story. I think it should be a law that parents have to buy 1 cool car and keep it to hand down to their kids. I wish mine had, lol.

#15 ·
Thanks for the story! Our family vehicle that will be passed down is my old Harley Lowrider that I took my wife out on our first date back in 1989.
Your welcome.

That's pretty awesome. My father had a 1952 Panhead that he sold to get custody of me when I was a kid. I've actually been looking for it lately to see if I can get it back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Good luck in your quest! I have spent time searching for several of my past cars without any luck. I know where one of my 71 Chargers is but the current owner won't sell but it is sitting out on the street under tarp. Hasn't been washed in years. Raised my kids in that car.. Someday.....

#17 ·
Good luck in your quest! I have spent time searching for several of my past cars without any luck. I know where one of my 71 Chargers is but the current owner won't sell but it is sitting out on the street under tarp. Hasn't been washed in years. Raised my kids in that car.. Someday.....
I appreciate it really & That's pretty awesome that u atleast know where it's at. It still sucks that its been neglected.

#21 ·
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] that's awesome. My son is trying to talk me into giving him my SPWB for his 1st car smh He's 11. It's still a no lol. I know what I would have done with this car when I was 16. I can say this as part of what would happen... he would probably be old lol [emoji57]

#22 ·
He can still have it as his 1st car...if he doesn't mind getting his first car in his 40's ;)

A Guy

#25 ·

#28 ·
What a feel good story. I’m so glad the son Kept the car original. This is truly a story for the ages. What a great man GQ was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: moparnoother
#33 ·
This A clown keeps riding the 14 Seconds in a 1/4 mile and hes full of some bs. No one gave an EST in the claims yet he harps on it.
No one said the Ghost won every race either but he was a contender and in that era if you had a Hemi 4Speed and 4:10 rear end it was a fast take off.
Any car can loose also regardless dont time it right, miss shift, spin tires etc., What does it matter now? Nothing the car and its history of the Qualls is over
now moved on and the new owner will do minimal stuff and flip it regardless because the options are rare period!!! So why harp on it and why drag on the topic
beyond the famous car call it real fake etc., its going to be back across an auction block soon you can count on that.

#39 ·
its relevant

11:1

.590 lift

cast iron cyl heads

those ARE the street hemi specs that you were dis'ing saying they dont run and whats in that boat

and that boat would make you sh!t your pants

could care less about the hellcat forum, it's high fiving mf members, or yer pretend mustang : )

*oh but i do believe you about the white car being slow

you got head up (that means no handicap) (no space) (no car lengths head start) (bring it!)

#43 ·
All I can say is that my old '66 426 Coronet wouldn't make a grandma sh!t her pants. That thing was barely a 15-second car. And it didn't make 750hp. I owned and sold it before dynos were a thing, but I'd eat my hat if it made more than 425 crank hp at peak.

Most of em suffer huge losses in the tune

Dodge decreased the maximum catalyst temperature allowed

@WhiteTrash swears the avg E.T. of a 21 22 or 2023 red eye is 12.20

I think it’s prolly closer to 11.90
The '23 REWB doesn't have the COT issue. I can't speak on the standard body cars... they have different factory tunes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.