·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
........BUMP........

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Very good read. I have not done as many of these upgrades as listed on the original list. A SC would be sweet....

Reactions: RobF

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
Thanks! The sway bar mod answered a question for me that I did not know how to ask. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! The sway bar mod answered a question for me that I did not know how to ask. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
You're welcome, Gila. Thanks for the read!

- Rob

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
You're welcome, Gila. Thanks for the read!

- Rob
I've got another question. Why did you select the Hotchkis over Whiteline, Eibach or Petty sway bars? BTW, I only have two requirements for whatever I go with; the lightest weight that will do the job, and they must be powder coated. Cost isn't an issue here, because there is only about $100 price difference between all of them.

I have wheel hop from hell that I need to cure, and to that end, I have an aluminum one piece drive shaft on order so I can install drag radials, and I'll also be replacing the cradle bushings. I'm sure the sway bars will also help, but that's not the main reason I'll be adding them. I already have Razors Edge 4 point shock and strut tower braces, and am hoping the sway bars will complete my suspension needs. I'm not going to lower the car because I have to go over speed bumps at 1 mph at stock height.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got another question. Why did you select the Hotchkis over Whiteline, Eibach or Petty sway bars? BTW, I only have two requirements for whatever I go with; the lightest weight that will do the job, and they must be powder coated. Cost isn't an issue here, because there is only about $100 price difference between all of them.

I have wheel hop from hell that I need to cure, and to that end, I have an aluminum one piece drive shaft on order so I can install drag radials, and I'll also be replacing the cradle bushings. I'm sure the sway bars will also help, but that's not the main reason I'll be adding them. I already have Razors Edge 4 point shock and strut tower braces, and am hoping the sway bars will complete my suspension needs. I'm not going to lower the car because I have to go over speed bumps at 1 mph at stock height.
Gila -

No particular reason. There are many good brands out there as you pointed out. Some people are even swapping their OEM bars with Hellcat parts.

Reactions: Gila Hemi

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very good read. I have not done as many of these upgrades as listed on the original list. A SC would be sweet....
Cheers, brother.

Reactions: YellowDuc

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
........BUMP........

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had Pettys Garage install their coil over suspension, front and rear anti-sway bars, end bars, bump shear bushing, and front strut tower brace 5 years ago, 60,000 miles ago. Exceeded my expectations. They put her in their 4 pad NASCAR scale, and did it right...

Reactions: MuscleCarProf
1 - 13 of 13 Posts