102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered 3 choices by my local tire dealer:

NEXEN
DUNLOP
PIRELLI

In order of price. I currently have Goodyear F1 Eagles

Tire is 245/45 R20

Appreciate your feedback. Weather is Summer all year round. Arid Desert climate, highway/city driving only.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Registered
196 Posts
Get a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS06'S you won't be disappointed. Also, whatever you get, get them in 255/45/20. It's a TINY bit wider but the size is more common and often cheaper (my last set of DWS06'S was $15 cheaper per tire in 255 compared to 245) plus I think they look better! The width difference is unlikely to be noticeable traction-wise tire for tire but every little bit helps.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
877 Posts
If you're limited to just those three to choose from .... I'd go with the Pirelli tires.

Back when I had a 2011 Challenger R/T Classic that used 245/45 20 tires, I was happiest with Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 tires.

·
Registered
19 Challenger R/T Destroyer Gray
170 Posts
UAE? Holy smokes. Yeah, Pirelli. Nexen is an 'off brand', and Dunlop has never been as nice as Pirelli, but are of similar quality IMO.
Don't ignore tread design - make sure you like it, and the comparable specs. A 500aa tire isn't gonna grip like a 350. Speed rating too, is an indication of strength. Some tires are just floppy.
The sleeper tire in the US is BFGoodrich.
From Asia, it's Toyo and Nitto. The old NT555 was good and cheap - ran a bunch of sets of those on a 3-series. Bargain tires that work.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
If you're limited to just those three to choose from .... I'd go with the Pirelli tires.

Back when I had a 2011 Challenger R/T Classic that used 245/45 20 tires, I was happiest with Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 tires.
That's what I currently have on my 2009 SRT. I really like their wear and performance. Of course these are all weather tires and Debo is looking for performance summer tires.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,848 Posts
You gave us pictures, but didn't say what models, etc. But by brand quality- it's Pirelli, Dunlop, Nexen. The drag tires on the 1320 are Nexen, BTW.

A Guy

Reactions: Mantis1

·
Registered
455 Posts
I wouldn't run Pirelli summer tires even if they were free unless you never drive when its below 50F outside. Mine cracked on me within 10K miles & had butter traction below 50F. If you don't need all season tires I would go with CONTINENTAL EXTREME CONTACT SPORT. I know a few people that run them that are aggressive drivers & love them. I'm running 275/40/20 Continental DWS06 since I do drive in snow some times. One of my sons has Nexens on his WS6 Trans Am and hasn't had any issues with them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I keep hearing about the Attar's I think they are the 850's? Anyway they are cheap and everyone I have spoken about them said they hook better then most higher end tires , they wear faster but they are great summer tires. You should add them to your list.
I personally like the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06'S but I also live in a area with all weather conditions. They do make a Summer only tire in the Extreme Contact line which are the DW line. They are an amazing tire with excellent comfort , excellent rain and dry traction and wear nicely.
I however would not buy any of the tires you listed except the Nexen Brand for a set of Drag Radials which are the ones that come on the 1320.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for your recommendations, although I haven't yet decided, your comments overall made me lean more towards Nexen.... We'll see.
thanks again...

·
Registered
233 Posts
atturo 850s are a great tire and cheap.i run 275/315 combo for 600$.tried them for 25K miles and just got another set

1 - 13 of 13 Posts