Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/2010-srt8-spanish-gold-custom-paint-49427/

Post number 16 in the linked thread is your typical elitist snob

Here is the objective truth about the SE

1. For daily driving the SE does EVERYTHING the higher priced models do with the same efficiency. Yes the RT and SRT will get to the posted speed limit quicker than the SE without a doubt. We know that.
2. To the casual observer the SE looks EXACTLY the same as the higher priced levels.
The general public can't tell the difference at all. Don't kid yourself. I would not constantly get the "that got the HEMI?" question all the time if it where apparent at a glance which where V8's and V6's
3. We paid thousands and thousands of $$$ less for our vehicles.

So there is the objective truth about the SE...it drives just as good for legal driving, looks exactly the same, and costs thousands less

·
Banned
165 Posts
I didn't take it that way but rather he was saying with those wheels you may as well start with an SE as you are negating any performance advantage any way. Don't feel you have to defend your purchase. You have a sweet ride. :guiness:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No he clearly want's to see SE's "ruined" over R/T's or SRT's. His posting history shows that.
Personally I hate to see any challenger donked out like in the link

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i dont see where post #16 says too much bad about the SE...i think your reading something into it...

personally i dont like it that the SE looks almost exactly like the RT and SRT..sounds like for 2011 it may even get a version of full body stripes....

my objection to the SE is just like owning a 6 cyl version of a Corvette (if they made one)....your trying to look like a performance car when your not.....i do admitt the 2011 SE is getting to be a performance car though...im probably a snob and i wouldnt own the low version of any car

id rather have a used RT than a new SE.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
The first Corvette was a 6 cylinder.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont see where post #16 says too much bad about the SE...i think your reading something into it...

personally i dont like it that the SE looks almost exactly like the RT and SRT..sounds like for 2011 it may even get a version of full body stripes....

my objection to the SE is just like owning a 6 cyl version of a Corvette (if they made one)....your trying to look like a performance car when your not.....i do admitt the 2011 SE is getting to be a performance car though...im probably a snob and i wouldnt own the low version of any car

I think your recent posting history as well validates that.
With your line of thinking no model of car with a V8 option should have a V6 option. Their just performance posers in the V6's.
That makes no sense.
STYLING and utility is what drives most car sales

·
Banned
863 Posts
Look, if you have a SE...enjoy it. I would never buy one because if I spend one dollar on a performance car....it damn better perform. We all buy cars for different reasons, and let's respect everyones decissions.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
first year challengers had V6 options as well.
No, they had a 225 Slant Six. A couple of years later the 318 V8 became the base engine.

The current SE Challenger is a sporty coupe, not a muscle car, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look, if you have a SE...enjoy it. I would never buy one because if I spend one dollar on a performance car....it damn better perform. We all buy cars for different reasons, and let's respect everyones decissions.
exactly...budget minded SE owners don't come in here constantly harping on the excess money being spent on performance over styling.
styling is the number one factor imo.
No one buys a high powered, high performance car if it looks like crap
with the challenger you can have either or both

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, they had a 225 Slant Six. A couple of years later the 318 V8 became the base engine.

The current SE Challenger is a sporty coupe, not a muscle car, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
The 225 was a 6 cyl right?
And I agree by classic definition the SE is not a muscle car, nor do I refer to my SE as a muscle car even though it out HP's classic 70 challenger "muscle car" 318.
But that was then and this is now :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I took post #16 as why buy an expensive SRT and then put all that extra money into it to mod the exterior to look like that. I mean I don't see the 6.1 Hemi emblem on the hood anymore and don't see the chrome gas cap anymore. It does not look like an srt anymore. That person could have bought an SE and all the money saved he could have accomplished the same thing. It is pretty obvious that this person is more into being noticed on the street than into performance.

Now look at the signature of miamisrt as it looks like he is awaiting a DWB IE 392. It looks like he is going to paint it, change the interior, etc... I guess I would be a snob for saying why not get a normal 2011 srt8 392 and accomplish the same thing for a lot less?

I think the 2011 SE are going to be a great performing car with that new v6 penastar, the look is great and will have the dual tips coming out the back.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
SE R/T SRT they all look good to me. I love the styling of the Challenger. If you wanted a race car the Challenger was a poor choice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
there is no need to defend the SE challenger. i bought mine because in the summer of '08, gasoline was $4.59 a gallon and i needed a new daily driver. the SE seemed like a great choice then and still today.

yes, mine looks just like an SRT and has every feature of an SRT, but with the Prowler drivetrain. i know it is hard for some people to understand why someone would buy an SE.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
...im probably a snob and i wouldnt own the low version of any car

I agree with your post, you probably are a snob. You posted here about what a piece of crap the SRT was and then a few posts later you said...

"i have a Toyota Sienna and thats why im looking for a fun car....sick of the minivan"

So, while your driving around in your mini-van your on this forum dissing Challengers, including the SRT, with your elitist snobbish (by your admission) attitude? It takes some real cahones to be driving the ultimate goober-mobile and sit on a computer talking trash about Challengers in a Challenger forum.

Do you still take the wife and kids out for a 100mph test drive, like you said in this thread?

Your statement "I wouldn't own the low version of any car" is particularly funny to me. So are you driving the top of the line mini-van?

Did you get the woodgrain and all?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Exactly, the SE is a great looking sporty coupe.

I believe Slosh was pointing out the 225 slant six was an inline engine, not a V6. Also, most people would categorize a Challenger with the the 318 2-bbl V8 as a sporty coupe, not a muscle car, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, either.

·
Registered
741 Posts
here we go again, all this BS about levels gets annoying pretty damn quick.

i find on here that most guys dont dis the SE as it is what it is a nice looking
CHALLENGER ( yes i said challenger) with the base engine package. furthermore what most IDIOTS dont understand is there have always been base engine packages in all makes, ford/mercury and GM had straight 6, Chrysler, a,b,e body cars had the slant six engine. how many of you have seen a 68,69 or 70 charger with a slant 6?
i used to get hemmings muscle magazine and there were a number of articles on strange muscle cars that were ordered, a few that i can remember are a mach 1 package special ordered with the I6 and a cuda that was downgraded to a /6
there were also many cars downgraded to 318s.

the problem i find on here is the few A**holes with the elitest attitude, most of you so called Mopar guys dont even know what a MOPAR is or was, you got your Challenger ( that is if you actually own one) and now think you are authorities on any subject that has to do with them and Mopar.

why dont you do us all a favor and keep your BS to yourselves, it gets old real quick.
also remember one more thing, no matter how FAST you think you are there is always someone FASTER................

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
here we go again, all this BS about levels gets annoying pretty damn quick.

i find on here that most guys dont dis the SE as it is what it is a nice looking
CHALLENGER ( yes i said challenger) with the base engine package. furthermore what most IDIOTS dont understand is there have always been base engine packages in all makes, ford/mercury and GM had straight 6, Chrysler, a,b,e body cars had the slant six engine. how many of you have seen a 68,69 or 70 charger with a slant 6?
i used to get hemmings muscle magazine and there were a number of articles on strange muscle cars that were ordered, a few that i can remember are a mach 1 package special ordered with the I6 and a cuda that was downgraded to a /6
there were also many cars downgraded to 318s.

the problem i find on here is the few A**holes with the elitest attitude, most of you so called Mopar guys dont even know what a MOPAR is or was, you got your Challenger ( that is if you actually own one) and now think you are authorities on any subject that has to do with them and Mopar.

why dont you do us all a favor and keep your BS to yourselves, it gets old real quick.
also remember one more thing, no matter how FAST you think you are there is always someone FASTER................

thanks for that post. :thumbsup: that goes to all the Ricky Bobby's that lurk on these forums. By the way, they also dont care how much they go into debt to own what they call the so called best of the line. they still will want more and they still will be snotty.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well here's the way I see it. There is no doubt that the Challenger (whatever trim) is the meanest looking machine on the road. I bought my SE simply because i didnt have the resources to get what i wanted at the time. I had a 2001 Nissan Frontier with 108000 hard miles on it. I wanted to save up for the RT, but I got the SE because I needed a ride soon.
On that note...I absolutely love my SE, but as a police officer who drives a V8 everyday...I know what Im missing. I figure while im paying this one off, I save up for a nice down payment on a used RT. When I get the RT, I save up for a nice 426 Hemi to put in my SE! Then when the smoke clears...I have a daily driver RT, and a 426 I can use as a weekend warrior.
Plan sounds good to me...the money is there as long as I allow the time. What do guys think?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well here's the way I see it. There is no doubt that the Challenger (whatever trim) is the meanest looking machine on the road. I bought my SE simply because i didnt have the resources to get what i wanted at the time. I had a 2001 Nissan Frontier with 108000 hard miles on it. I wanted to save up for the RT, but I got the SE because I needed a ride soon.
On that note...I absolutely love my SE, but as a police officer who drives a V8 everyday...I know what Im missing. I figure while im paying this one off, I save up for a nice down payment on a used RT. When I get the RT, I save up for a nice 426 Hemi to put in my SE! Then when the smoke clears...I have a daily driver RT, and a 426 I can use as a weekend warrior.
Plan sounds good to me...the money is there as long as I allow the time. What do guys think?

...well said. I'm still trying to save money to buy my Challenger.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.