Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an interest in photography, ever since my high school courses and work for the yearbook. So please allow me to show some love to my SRT8.

I thought this mural was really cool, so I did a photo shoot last night. I love it for the history, and that the car is a shade of blue. I particularly love "The Ultimate Car" and the year 1912, which is 100 years earlier than my 2012 SRT8.

I love this picture showing the reflection of the capitol building on the car's finish.

As Van Halen would say, "Jump!"

I love the contrast here, the rolling brown hills suggesting virgin areas and spirited driving ahead, with the brilliant blues, deep black, and shiny aluminum offered by the Challenger.

I particularly like architecture, and found these to be great backdrops - old world and new technology mix.

Pretty!

How the sausage is made! Here's three from the cutting room floor... the magic of camera work... and patience.

The story yesterday is that I specifically washed my car after midnight and went into town to get this shot. I figured as a weeknight there would be no cars and a vacant lot. I was mostly correct. Very few cars out, most streets and lots were completely empty. Except this jackwad who was the ONLY car in the lot or in several blocks - he parked right under the mural where I wanted to park... GRRRRRRRR. So I had to do some camera magic. Here's a few pictures...

Here's the offender...

I tried my best to frame his car out of the picture...

Kept trying and mostly removed him. You can still see his antennae. I was generally pleased and this picture turned out great, but I wasn't happy with it because it blocked the key "1912" artwork.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
I have an interest in photography, ever since my high school courses and work for the yearbook. So please allow me to show some love to my SRT8.

I thought this mural was really cool, so I did a photo shoot last night. I love it for the history, and that the car is a shade of blue. I particularly love "The Ultimate Car" and the year 1912, which is 100 years earlier than my 2012 SRT8.
View attachment 1020981

I love this picture showing the reflection of the capitol building on the car's finish.

View attachment 1020982

As Van Halen would say, "Jump!"

View attachment 1020983
I love the contrast here, the rolling brown hills suggesting virgin areas and spirited driving ahead, with the brilliant blues, deep black, and shiny aluminum offered by the Challenger.

View attachment 1020984

I particularly like architecture, and found these to be great backdrops - old world and new technology mix.

View attachment 1020986
Pretty!
View attachment 1020989

How the sausage is made! Here's three from the cutting room floor... the magic of camera work... and patience.

The story yesterday is that I specifically washed my car after midnight and went into town to get this shot. I figured as a weeknight there would be no cars and a vacant lot. I was mostly correct. Very few cars out, most streets and lots were completely empty. Except this jackwad who was the ONLY car in the lot or in several blocks - he parked right under the mural where I wanted to park... GRRRRRRRR. So I had to do some camera magic. Here's a few pictures...

Here's the offender...
View attachment 1021016

I tried my best to frame his car out of the picture...
View attachment 1021017
Kept trying and mostly removed him. You can still see his antennae. I was generally pleased and this picture turned out great, but I wasn't happy with it because it blocked the key "1912" artwork.
View attachment 1021018
The first picture is excellent. The contrast is striking! In more than one way.

Reactions: Dodgenovice

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not much of a fan of photoshop or CGI, as I feel it's cheating. I also don't tend to like the artificial looking filters either as the colors are too rich and fake looking. I like generally what the eye sees, with just a bit of help from lighting, aperatures, ISO settings, and some clever framing and positioning...

Otherwise you could just take a picture of your car with a green screen and put it wherever you want, at the Taj Mahal or riding a wave in the Pacific ocean...lol.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
I'm not much of a fan of photoshop or CGI, as I feel it's cheating. I also don't tend to like the artificial looking filters either as the colors are too rich and fake looking. I like generally what the eye sees, with just a bit of help from lighting, aperatures, ISO settings, and some clever framing and positioning...

Otherwise you could just take a picture of your car with a green screen and put it wherever you want, at the Taj Mahal or riding a wave in the Pacific ocean...lol.
It's why I won't watch movies with computer generated graphics. Which is becoming more and more of them.

Reactions: Dodgenovice
1 - 5 of 5 Posts