Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guys at American Racing Headers are at it again. I have been looking for a catback exhaust for a while now and it seems they just released a system. I have always been a huge supporter of American Racing so once I knew they were doing a catback, I had to have it.

The complete kit includes their longtube headers and high-flow cats. You are basically getting the complete exhaust from headers to the tips. On the Challenger, you reuse your OEM tips. This is a full 3" exhaust system.

Retail: $2895

They are also doing catback only models, but I am still verifying the price for them before I post anything up.

·
Banned
928 Posts
looks very nice, but OUCH that's some $$ to put out for an exhaust system.

·
Registered
65 Posts
$2895.....ah no!

Call me cheap, but that is a little crazy for an exhaust. It does look good if you drive your car on the roof.
The only things that see my Flowmaster is dirt and road kill.
Don't get it.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Ouch is right. Any sound clips to go along with the pictures. :bigthumb:

--edit, if it sounds right and has great power release, it'll be worth it, no?

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
What are the hp gains ? I'm going for the solo performance hi flow cats in a couple of weeks. I already have the exhaust. So it will be interesting to compare the two. I'll be getting it dyno'd before and after The install. I don't have headers thu just stock.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
skip that cats with the long tubes cause you got to turn off the rear sensors and when you do that the cats will clog over time, the sensor tells the computer when to dump fuel and cool the cats and when there off they just cook.
I just hollowed mine out when I discovered my header glowing red.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like the design of the crossover / x-pipe!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
:) Either way it's a cross-over... and when located in the right spot, it helps with scavenging.

I have the factory x-pipe/merge pipe/crossover with my Zoomers and I don't really care for the design. This system looks like its laid out pretty well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts