Vendor
12,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coming very very soon........

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

INTRODUCING THE ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE TunedUP COILOVER SUSPENSION KIT FOR THE CHARGER/CHALLENGER
CONCORD, NC

– Ultimate Performance has released their new double adjustable coilover suspension upgrade kit developed specifically for the 2005-present Dodge Charger and Challenger.

Performance enthusiasts are now able to upgrade their front and rear shock suspension for improved handling and increased adjustability. Whether putting the power down on the drag strip or taking on the most demanding road course, specific shock valving and spring rates are available to complement your driving style and application.

Manufactured and assembled in the USA, the TunedUP Challenger/Charger Kit features race-proven JRi Shocks and Hyperco Springs. Rounding off this winning upgrade combination are custom upper and lower mounting brackets that were expertly designed by Ultimate Performance and precision-built by Earnhardt Technology Group.

The TunedUP Difference
The UP-built front upper and lower mounts have an FK Teflon-lined bearing to reduce friction and eliminate bind throughout suspension travel. The JRi shock body threads into the lower clevis housing enabling ride height adjustment without having to adjust the coil springs. For easy access, both adjusters are located at the top of the shocks inside the engine compartment.

The rear shocks no longer run the stock divorced shock and spring package. They have been converted to a true eyelet-to-eyelet coilovers, which keeps the shock and spring running with the same motion ratio. The stock upper mount has been replaced with an aluminum mounting plate and clevis. A clevis eliminates bind throughout the suspension and reduces friction by utilizing a high misalignment Teflon-lined bearing for maximum articulation. Lastly, a raised spring perch allows for optimal half-shaft clearance.

The front and rear shocks utilize direct bolt-in pieces and Hyperco springs that eliminate spring sagging, and the need to readjust ride height and corner weights. The use of thrust washers maximize grip by taking the friction out of the springs as they compress.

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/steve-white-catalog-05-18-challenger-charger-ultimate-performance-coil-over-system-swmult?parent=1032

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
two Challengers running this set up......competing in @DRiveusca

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Luke,
Any warranty offered on them? How does rebuild/revalving get handled when it's time? I'm assuming ship them back to JRI?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
No offense but if you buy these shocks they arnt thought of as daily driver winter equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
371 Posts
Can they handle winter slop and salt?
No offense but if you buy these shocks they arnt thought of as daily driver winter equipment
Ultimate STREET Car Association - some streets get wintery, right? Although I do concede it's certainly not ideal or realistic for competition cars. After seeing what salt spray does to metal in Hawaii, corrosion resistance is an applicable general concern considering how much of the U.S./World population lives in coastal regions. I too am interested in any info on warranty and customer support from UP (for the lowly end consumer). Like who handles any fitment issues - SWP, UP, JRi? I doubt the answer is SOL for $5k.

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WARRANTY

Ultimate Performance (UP) warrants to the original retail purchaser only that the Products furnished hereunder shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service, when properly installed, maintained and used for the purposes for which it is designed, for a period of one year from the date of purchase by the original retail purchaser, provided that notice of any such alleged defect is given to UP within ten (10) days after the discovery thereof, and provided that inspection by UP confirms the existence thereof to the sole satisfaction of UP. Coverage terminates if the original retail purchaser sells or otherwise transfers the Products. This limited warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage due to external causes, including accident, abuse, misuse, neglect, improper storage, modification, or any services not performed by UP or its authorized representatives.

As for service, the shocks should be returned to Ultimate Performance. A “Freshened UP” service (oil, seals, shims, dyno) is $100.00 per shock. A “Tuned UP” service/revalve is $150.00 per shock.

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Luke,
Any warranty offered on them? How does rebuild/revalving get handled when it's time? I'm assuming ship them back to JRI?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Ultimate Performance (UP) warrants to the original retail purchaser only that the Products furnished hereunder shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service, when properly installed, maintained and used for the purposes for which it is designed, for a period of one year from the date of purchase by the original retail purchaser, provided that notice of any such alleged defect is given to UP within ten (10) days after the discovery thereof, and provided that inspection by UP confirms the existence thereof to the sole satisfaction of UP. Coverage terminates if the original retail purchaser sells or otherwise transfers the Products. This limited warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage due to external causes, including accident, abuse, misuse, neglect, improper storage, modification, or any services not performed by UP or its authorized representatives.

As for service, the shocks should be returned to Ultimate Performance. A “Freshened UP” service (oil, seals, shims, dyno) is $100.00 per shock. A “Tuned UP” service/revalve is $150.00 per shock.

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ultimate STREET Car Association - some streets get wintery, right? Although I do concede it's certainly not ideal or realistic for competition cars. After seeing what salt spray does to metal in Hawaii, corrosion resistance is an applicable general concern considering how much of the U.S./World population lives in coastal regions. I too am interested in any info on warranty and customer support from UP (for the lowly end consumer). Like who handles any fitment issues - SWP, UP, JRi? I doubt the answer is SOL for $5k.
the only metal part is the lower clevis, and that item is powder coated, everything is anodized aluminum which should have no issues in a salty environment, however like anything else, we have seen what salt does to northern vehicles and it isn't pretty

we would assist as well JJ Furillo from Ultimate Performance, one of true benefit is JJ and the assistance and knowledge that he provides, and the support he provides to all the customers

few weeks ago in Charlotte at an SCCA event, 3 of his customers including myself where at the track and JJ floated from team to team to team to assist in suspension tuning

JJ does the tuning for many USCA members and also typically travels with SCCA trans am series teams for his tuning expertise

Luke

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a legitimate question. Real world conditions are things some of us have to deal with, and that's a lot of money. KW coilovers are built to handle it, so I don't see any harm in asking. Obviously cleaning and lubricating them regularly is important to make sure of it.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
i understand.. most people that by a performance part like this don't intend to use it in the great white north.. not trying to be offensive. if you by them let us know how they work. curious

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
same production, same materials as similar products used on the Artic Cat and other main stream performance vehicles, except for one bracket that is steel and powder coated, all other components are stainless steel or anodized aluminum, corrosion should not be any issues, however this package is a serious street performance or race application, maybe not for the basic daily driver

Luke

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
i understand.. most people that by a performance part like this don't intend to use it in the great white north.. not trying to be offensive. if you by them let us know how they work. curious
Believe me I've heard that many times, mostly from people who say you shouldn't drive a RWD muscle car in snow, period. I do anyway, many of us do. I know, and know of, a lot of people who daily drive their cars year round even in our crappy winters. These are also cars that are used for autoX, road course, even ice racing in winter. They DO have performance parts like this. If you think that's crazy, look at Europe where people take their Porsches and Lambos (Fitted with roof racks and snow tires) to go on skiing trips up in the mountains. It's really not that crazy. My point is, not all of us own multiple vehicles to suit a wide variety of needs, and we don't mind using one car to suit most of those needs.

Now I will admit that it requires compromise, and a car used for daily driving in winter isn't going to be as super competitive as full-on gutted, caged raced car on a road course, which these particular coilovers might be more focused on. However there are multiple options for different needs. I happen to know KW stands behind their products for winter use. For something that is the "Ultimate suspension for Challengers", these questions are things I need to consider. That's why I asked. That title sure gets my attention. And I don't find you offensive. It's all good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts