Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
I didn’t see the Episode but I’ve been following this car since the summer on YouTube. It has a 528 GenII Big Block Hemi in it with twins. The owner lives in VA which isn’t too far from where I’m at in Md. it’s a beautiful car for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd love to see what it would do in the 1/4 mile. The 1/8 mile race is too short for me.

·
Registered
761 Posts
^^^^^ I totally agree with you. But the way of the world in the sport of Drag racing is now 1/8 mile. I’m no fan of it at all.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,724 Posts
Yeah, they barely get started and it's over. Traditionalist, a 1/4 mile is a drag race

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, they barely get started and it's over. Traditionalist, a 1/4 mile is a drag race
A Guy
I guess the Street Outlaw guys are trying to simulate a street light to street light race.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Watch Street Outlaws No Prep all the time...been keeping my eye on the Vixen...pretty cool that a Challenger is doing this and kicking some butt!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Oh yeah, follow it religiously!!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The guy that owns VIXEN is the owner of atomizer fuel injectors. That is part of the reason why his car is in the show. Just about every car on there runs his fuel injectors

·
Registered
761 Posts
The "Vixen" Challenger

That makes a lot of sense. Those injectors are totally rad to boot.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So why do a lot of guys run turbos VS super Chargers? I thought SC's are better for drag racing because of the instant torque vs the turbos

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
1) 'No Prep' racing. It's some sort of backlash against 'prepared' racing tracks and the idea that a 'real' street car races on whatever surface happens to exist on a real road. Fair enough - but then they run cars that are 110% race cars with no street-ability at all. So much for that.

2) I find it interesting that 'Megalodon' - a 69 Camaro that is often the overall winner, or very close to it - runs a Hemi engine...but of course you don't hear them mention that.

3) All of these cars - like Funny cars - run pretty much the same chassis/wheels/brakes/transmission/rear end and interior. There's very little left of the Chevy/Mopar/Ford they started out as. Yawn.

I also wonder how these people are able to attend all these races week after week...

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
They run turbos because the instant low end power of a blower is not the easiest to put down on the track. A turbo can let you get hooked up then it comes on strong. It's also easier to build mega-boost with a turbo. The other reason is simply that might be what they are comfortable with.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They run turbos because the instant low end power of a blower is not the easiest to put down on the track. A turbo can let you get hooked up then it comes on strong. It's also easier to build mega-boost with a turbo. The other reason is simply that might be what they are comfortable with.
ah makes sense. And you can see that with Vixen, comes on strong after launching.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts