Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After going back and forth on exterior color choices with my lovely wife we have settled on Indigo Blue with silver stripes with auto tranny.Ordered the SRT this morning 3/31/18.My dealer stated about 4-6 weeks until delivery.Our fingers are crossed.Similar pic of car we ordered.:smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congrats, brother!! I know how excited you are, two years ago I was in the same boat. 35 days later, I had my dream SRT.

That color combo is lights out!

·
Registered
2018 Billet Silver SRT 392 (1 of 2)
145 Posts
Yep, you're going to love it. I ordered my 2018 SRT 392 on October 19, 2017 and it was in my garage just shy of one month later! What makes that even more impressive is that I live in Arizona - a long way from Brampton!

Enjoy and embrace the anticipation!

saint 0:)

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
35 days for me, the SRT is an incredible car!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
Congratulations, it’ll be well worth the wait! Mine appeared two weeks early, a great surprise.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! it will be there just in time for the nice weather!!!

( mine was 4 month wait... ordered my '18 June 13th, got it October 14th... BUT they didn't start building the '18's with an M6 till end of August... )

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the positive comments.The wife have been looking at the challenger for the last 2 years.Saved our pennies and the time was right.We are not getting any younger the challenger was HIGH on our bucket list.:11::cheers:

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Indigo Blue is beautiful color - got to see a Demon at a show yesterday in the color.

It pops in the sun - I had only see in prior in the murky, gray overcast lighting that Oregon (no longer living there) features and couldn't see the metallic / pearl that well.

Its a lot like Redline Red - when its clean and the sun it out - this paint really comes alive. You'll be happy with your choice.

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Indigo Blue is beautiful color - got to see a Demon at a show yesterday in the color.

It pops in the sun - I had only see in prior in the murky, gray overcast lighting that Oregon (no longer living there) features and couldn't see the metallic / pearl that well.

Its a lot like Redline Red - when its clean and the sun it out - this paint really comes alive. You'll be happy with your choice.
Hal,the wife and I have been back and forth :fight: on 3 colors High octane red pearl coat,B5 blue and Indigo blue for the last 3 months.Went to a few dealers last couple weeks and took time to really look at colors.Michigan in the winter/early spring lack sunshine to really bring out the true colors.Last week had some decent sunshine so the choice was easy Indigo blue.Wife still not real fond of the silver stripes I told her it will grow on her.:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Hal,the wife and I have been back and forth :fight: on 3 colors High octane red pearl coat,B5 blue and Indigo blue for the last 3 months.Went to a few dealers last couple weeks and took time to really look at colors.Michigan in the winter/early spring lack sunshine to really bring out the true colors.Last week had some decent sunshine so the choice was easy Indigo blue.Wife still not real fond of the silver stripes I told her it will grow on her.:grin2:
Here's some shots of an Indigo Blue Demon at the show I was at yesterday.

NC has much brighter (and more) sunshine than murky/gray/overcast Oregon had to offer:

There's an added bonus of a B5 Blue Shaker next to the Indigo Demon.

Tell your wife you aren't buying an anonymous "mommy mall cruiser (aka CUV)" in generic gray/black/white.

With a Challenger - go bold or just stay home...;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's some shots of an Indigo Blue Demon at the show I was at yesterday.

NC has much brighter (and more) sunshine than murky/gray/overcast Oregon had to offer:

There's an added bonus of a B5 Blue Shaker next to the Indigo Demon.

Tell your wife you aren't buying an anonymous "mommy mall cruiser (aka CUV)" in generic gray/black/white.

With a Challenger - go bold or just stay home...;)
Great pics,thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
Remember happy wife happy? You’ll be peeling the stripes off, lol.
My preference has always been side stripes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered my 2018 Challenger 392 t/a indigo blue 2/1/18 and it arrived 3/7/18 but I live in buffalo which is not to far away from Brampton.

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered my 2018 Challenger 392 t/a indigo blue 2/1/18 and it arrived 3/7/18 but I live in buffalo which is not to far away from Brampton.
WOW!! Hope ours arrives that quick.Living in Michigan planning on 6 weeks.Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
I fell off the happy wife wagon but only for a short time.Trying real hard to get back on.:bash::ladysman:
You left out the word LIFE from my question,lol. I bought and brought my car home without the Mrs. knowing. She pressed the door opener to put her car away and found her space already filled. Let’s say she wasn’t pleased but got over it.

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You left out the word LIFE from my question,lol. I bought and brought my car home without the Mrs. knowing. She pressed the door opener to put her car away and found her space already filled. Let’s say she wasn’t pleased but got over it.
Great story,I did somewhat the same thing back in 2002 with a new 1500 chevy truck.Bad thing was the truck ended being the biggest turd we ever bought.It went down the road 3 years later.:argh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts