Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to invest in some new 20 inch wheels for my R/T and was looking for opinions on what the maxium size tires are that you can put on the Challenger.I was on one tire site that recommended you should not go over a 3% increase from your existing wheels and tires due to possible break failure.With my current 18 inch wheels and 235/55 tires they recommended that I not go over a 255/45 tire with a 20 inch wheel.Is there any truth to these claims?

Also,I thought that perhaps this would be a good thread to have anyone out there with aftermarket wheels and tires post pictures and show off your Challenger's new shoes.Include the size of each as well as it may also help others decide on what look to go for.Thanks

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
You could go with 295/40/20's in the rear and 255/45/20 in front. Alot people have gone from 18's to 20's and I have never heard of a problem with brake failure.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Go to the tire section on this forum, there is a sticky with pics.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
chukar's right. go to that section. search for a thread: how wide can I go in the rear, or something like that.

don't pay attention to what you posted about 3%. the issue is you want to keep your diameter as stock as possible or you'll have to make some adjustments with a tuner like a DS Predator so that your speedo is accurate.

As for me, I've got 315 / 35 / 20's in the rear, but I think a 295 or maybe a 305 is a better approach. I had to make some "adj's" for the 315's. If you're looking for a really good all around tire and good value for money, look into Nitto INVO's.

Good luck.

HemiSam

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
GOOD Answer Sam, I'm a beliver in big azz tires so I've run 275/40/20 front and 315/35/20 rear had the car slammed low :) now with the 22's it's a 265/35/22 front & 315/30/22 rear no issues :) having an adjustable suspension is priceless :guiness::guiness::guiness:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts