Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from lunch this afternoon I saw a cop had just pulled someone over on a side street. As I pass, the officer is just walking up to the car - a silver SRT. He was probably just out having a little fun and boom Johnny Law drops the hammer on him. If that driver happens to read this, I feel for you brother.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I usually give LOE's the benefit of the doubt.
I don't think there are a lot of cops pulling folks over just to be jerks.
I gotta figure if they have someone stopped it's for a good reason

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,796 Posts
I bet that cop probably said to himself as you drove by, "gonna get that PCP SRT someday!" Just a matter of time. There, feel better now? lol
I was cruising down a local highway where I know where all of the speedtraps usually are. I slowed down one day just before one of those areas only to see a GT500 and a Z06 Vette pulled over a good distance after. I'm betting they were going pretty fast by the time they were able to stop. The, "there but for the grace of God" thought went through my mind as well lmao.:browsmiley:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I always love it when I go 5-8 MPH over the limit and every few minutes or so a car passes me going 10-15 over... I always say, "yeah, you go ahead and get that ticket for me brother"...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I always love it when I go 5-8 MPH over the limit and every few minutes or so a car passes me going 10-15 over... I always say, "yeah, you go ahead and get that ticket for me brother"...
We used to call those "rabbits". Every time I got on Interstate, I would go looking for my "rabbit" to take the heat off me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah my dad taught me always to find the guy going the fastest on the highway and drive behind his car, going a little slower than he is.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We used to call those "rabbits". Every time I got on Interstate, I would go looking for my "rabbit" to take the heat off me.

On my way back from N.C. the other day I caught a couple of drivers trying to use me as their "rabbit". I guess they figured if anyone gets pulled it will be the guy in the mean lookin Challenger. Had to disapoint them and keep my speed down, too many State boys on I 95.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Driving home from lunch this afternoon I saw a cop had just pulled someone over on a side street. As I pass, the officer is just walking up to the car - a silver SRT. He was probably just out having a little fun and boom Johnny Law drops the hammer on him. If that driver happens to read this, I feel for you brother.
....uh, how do you know the guy wasn't driving like an ass and deserved to be pulled over? :scratchhead:

....had a Challenger get sideways one day in front of my wife and I while he was entering an on ramp from the opposing direction (with traffic). Guess he was trying to show off but comradeship was far from what I was thinking about him at the time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
....uh, how do you know the guy wasn't driving like an ass and deserved to be pulled over? :scratchhead:

I don't, but I did clearly qualify my initial comment as speculation by saying "probably."

The number of cars I have seen pulled over on this particular stretch of road has gone up dramatically in the last month. 90% of what I have seen pulled over is a performance car of some sort. Either they are being disproportionately targeted or only performance vehicle drivers are exceeding the 45 mph limit (I know this is not the case).

In any event, I am now quite careful to keep the PCP quite close to the posted limit; I just get up to that speed faster than everyone else. :browsmiley:

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I'm just so happy to be driving the Challenger when it gets out I'm more inclined to slow down or take the long route just to spend more time in it. No way a cops gonna catch me speeding in a purple sports car and make my insurance even worse!

At most I'll end up going 4 over as the speed fluctuates and yea its great knowing someone has passed you going 10-15 over to catch all the cops ahead of you. 90% of the time on the interstate going home they're pulled over by an officer just a few miles down the road....which doesn't help them get where they are going any faster in the end.

·
Registered
10 Posts
cruise set at 55mph, good tunes on sirius radio, no worries. people pass me like I'm sitting still. then when I get to town, I pull up right behind them at the stop light. what are they in a hurry for, to get to work?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts