Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Team,

I am planning for thermal exhaust system, anyone has any experience with this?

https://thermalrd.com/products/2015-2017-dodge-challenger-srt-catback-exhaust

The reason I am going with these is because they claim to give me the same active exhaust systems as I currently have it in stock.

Also , if something goes wrong with the exhaust, would Dodge take care of it, or its out of pocket expense from my end?

Thanks
Alien.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Thanks! I do like that system. I never thought I would change my exhaust, but, I do like this one.
Dodge will not service it I am sure.
Thanks for sharing.
Tom!

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I do like that system. I never thought I would change my exhaust, but, I do like this one.
Dodge will not service it I am sure.
Thanks for sharing.
Tom!
But users say that it does not have that drone sound and sounds much quieter than stock . Did it increase your HP gain. And did you get warranty from Thermal RD.

·
Registered
863 Posts
But users say that it does not have that drone sound and sounds much quieter than stock . Did it increase your HP gain. And did you get warranty from Thermal RD.
Sorry for any misunderstanding. Your post is the first I heard of it. I am sure it will add no power to our cars.
(You would need to eliminate the cats for that). Drone is something I do not want. I am not one who wants my car loud. I would hope for a throatier sound on WOT, which, I believe this system will have.
I will watch this thread as it grows.
Thanks again.
Tom.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Why are you wanting to change to this if it's quieter? Is the stock exhaust too loud?

Going to a 3 inch exhaust from the 2.75 may give a little HP gain... or, it might not.

You would change to an after market exhaust and expect Dodge to pay for any exhaust repairs.... that's funny! :wink3: Anything ahead of the cat back they will still pay for, I'm sure. Anything goes wrong with your new cat back and it'd be your dime to fix it. Unless Thermal has some warranty to fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts