Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

As we start to get colder mornings, noticed that after about 30 mins of driving the car, no heat. A/C works great. I have also had random Thermostat Below Threshold CEL every now again. Did the blend door about 2 years ago? Time to replace the Thermostat?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
Check your coolant level. No heat after 30 mins of driving could be a sign that you are dangerously low on coolant. Although a bad blend door actuator combined with a stuck open thermostat can severely delay heating. You aren't running a 180F thermostat by any chance...if so, it is not uncommon for those Tstats to go bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your coolant level. No heat after 30 mins of driving could be a sign that you are dangerously low on coolant. Although a bad blend door actuator combined with a stuck open thermostat can severely delay heating. You aren't running a 180F thermostat by any chance...if so, it is not uncommon for those Tstats to go bad.
I'll have to check before I leave for home. Engine temp gauge is right where it usually is right in the middle. Like I said, did the blend door about two years ago but have not yet replaced a thermostat at 143k on the clock. I may as well replace it and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts