Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well recently I have installed the 160 thermostat was hard to get ur hands on....the brand milodon and I have tune the fans to 190 its running great I live in Kuwait and the temp rises to 42c day night 32 c which is extreamly hot weather

I wanted to lower the fan settings but I didn't want to deal with any major issues

I was having so many problems with the heat engine it took me 1 year to figure it out I went to multiple garages they they told me to replace the radiator fans ...which I did and nothing happend it was still overheating...

at they end the problem was The Radiator fan Cables they were damaged, got them replaced
problem solved

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
394 Posts
Stay with the 180 degree thermostat. The Hemi is designed to run at hotter temps.
Which is why doing nothing is best. You can burn up your cats going with a lower t stat which are expensive to replace, and it will also keep throwing out a code.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Which is why doing nothing is best. You can burn up your cats going with a lower t stat which are expensive to replace, and it will also keep throwing out a code.
Your Absoultly right but what i did is something different i installed the 160 but increased the Fan settings to 190 so there will be balance but if i installed 160 and lowerd the fans to 180 then issues will come
so far I haven't experience any issue lets wait and see by the next 3 months il update if something happens !

but what I have noticed a huge huge difference the car running much better than before it can handle 42c of heat with not a problem

·
Registered
43 Posts

Just Ordered those silicon hoses much better than the stock , Did anyone get those ??? and did anyone experience performance changes after installing the silicon hoses ?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,074 Posts
I was going to run silicone hoses but after reading this I decided not to.

Even silicone hose manufacturers mention silicone hose are permeable to water vapor (scroll to the bottom).

I am sure that running them is fine for a daily driver. A buddy put them on his corvette and he had no issues losing coolant or even smelling faint traces of it.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Does Mopar even make a 190-degree thermostat? I see 203, 180 & 160 only. Just trying to verify is all. If Mopar does in fact make a 190 thermostat would somebody please provide part #.
On the subject of Silicone hoses, I used Goodyear high miler blue hoses on an 87 MCSS with a 383 Stroker I used to own. I experienced no problems whatsoever however my MCSS was exclusively driven on the street!

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
463 Posts
Does Mopar even make a 190-degree thermostat? I see 203, 180 & 160 only. Just trying to verify is all. If Mopar does in fact make a 190 thermostat would somebody please provide part #.
On the subject of Silicone hoses, I used Goodyear high miler blue hoses on an 87 MCSS with a 383 Stroker I used to own. I experienced no problems whatsoever however my MCSS was exclusively driven on the street!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts