Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I traded the wife back vehicles she's back in the Jeep and I have my Challenger back. These cars learn your driven style big time she is little miss putt putt and me not so much. I found that the transmission is the part that learns the most it shifted faster to meet her style and now it is learning my way again. Just thought it was kind of neat but scary the first time I got on it it was confused like what oh GOOO.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Someone posted a little trick on here a while ago...if you turn the ignition to the on position then slowly depress the gas pedal to the floor and then slowly let it back up...turn the car off then start it up. You should notice a difference in the throttle response...I know it worked on the pre 2011 models not sure about the newer years. Just a thought.

Reactions: Brock Samson

·
Registered
260 Posts
I hate the way the tranny shifts in my auto as well that's why I stay in auto stick and when I want to go back to regular mode I usually reset the tranny adaptives with the diablo takes a few seconds.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
308 Posts
Pop that hood, and pull that #2 fuse bro!!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Reactions: Flat Top

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Funny, I was thinking about this today. I pulled the #2 fuse and did the throttle re-calibration trick with the ignition. I do this every once in a while but I was wondering whether or not there was a way to reset the tranny adaptives. My car seems to have a lag in downshifting. I usually take it easy on my car and rarely step on it so the tranny might have "learned" this way of driving.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Lesson learned. Don't let your wife drive your Challenger. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts