Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I need some help here. Over the winter I take off my engine cover with the chrome because I don't want to get it all dirty when I'm not going to shows. The problem is this winter I installed a catch can from billet tech with the Z bracket. I found out after I bought it that the Z bracket does not work with the 5.7 engine cover.

How can I install the catch can without waiting 3 more months for billet tech to send me out another bracket??

Problem #2 is similar but it is with the speedlogix strut tower brace. I had chrome dome covers on the tops of the struts and I knew that with the brace they would not fit but does anyone know of something that will fit with the speedlogix bar to cover up those screws??

Thanks in advanced!

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
If you have a cold air kit you can use the standard mount that cam with the catch can you can find instructions on BTs site, As for the billet strut covers you can use a small amount of silicon to secure the small caps on the bolts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have the billet strut covers. I am just curious of which ones like which brands almost would fit on with the strut tower brace on there. I had an assumption that those would work but I did not want to spend all that money on a hunch

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well for question #2, you could always go with the stock caps painted body color and cut down a bit on the side.

Reactions: Rich's_R/T

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
As stated the catch can will fit using the standard mount while using your engine cover.

For the strut covers you can use the oem covers and shave a little plastic off as shown above. Another option would be the BT devo covers
http://www.*********************/showthread.php?p=937579#post937579

Center part will fit fine but you will have to silicone or possible shave the nut covers closest to the bar

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK thanks guys for the help. Turns out I took out that stud where the catch can mounts to when i put on my K&N but I kept it for some reason :clap:

I did not think of shaving down the factory ones. Maybe that will be my little weekend project and hope it turns out well. If not do you think that these would fit?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aft-303015?seid=srese1&gclid=CKbsseCN5L0CFWdk7AodSW0A1A
I would love to get the BT ones but it takes a while for them to ship out and they are a decent chunk of change

1 - 6 of 6 Posts