Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hit a curb avoiding an accident. It's a 2016 Scat Pack 63k miles- leaked some fluids.
This one is EASY!!!

It's all about Murphy's Laws (again)........... the chances of it "totaled vs. fixable" is inversely related to what you want to see happen.

Good Luck......... 6 months into a new car for my wife and A MORON who didn't look first pulled out of a side street and managed to destroy a front fender, 2 doors and seriously damage a back fender, rip the rear wheel and suspension CLEAN OFF and then rip away the rear bumper cover and attaching pieces on the passenger side of her winter driver/dog wagon Subaru. It cost over $15,000 in repairs to fix it and we are now STUCK with a car we'll have to just about drive into the ground to get full value out of it.

Sometimes "totaled" is better but sadly you just never know until the estimate comes in.

When I went to pick her up afterward that day........I was sure the POS on the back of the truck that hauled away the carcass of what was a 3,258 mile car was the last I'd ever see of it........but nope......they fixed it and now we're still using it 6 years later and I hope to get another 4 years out of it to lessen the beating a car fax is sure to hand out when we sell/trade.

·
Registered
807 Posts
My DD 2010 CTS AWD was hit while parked last year but had significant damage. Bill added up to almost $8K. Car is insured through Allstate. Body shop said that 90% of BV is Allstate's threshold to total a car. I was really surprised they fixed mine.
I'm in the collision industry. Allstate will over value vehicles to save them from a total (but oddly enough will under valve them if they actually need to pay for a total loss). In my opinion Allstate is one of the worst auto insurance companies out there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm in the collision industry. Allstate will over value vehicles to save them from a total (but oddly enough will under valve them if they actually need to pay for a total loss). In my opinion Allstate is one of the worst auto insurance companies out there.
I just added my son (17) to the policy. Challenger is through Hagerty so Allstate policy is 2010 CTS, 2017 Infiniti QX60 and 2018 Camaro RS. Of course, they banged me but compared to what others were quoting me they were comparatively reasonable. Progressive wanted $1K a mo.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts