Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased these black lug nuts from American Muscle. Installed no problem but as you can see by the picture, they aren't built exactly the same. The OEM ones have a wide collar above the tapered part that when installed pushes up against the rim. The black ones don't have that collar so less material pushing up against the rim.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
38 Posts
As long as the forcing cone is the same angle then you should be good to go. If the cones differ significantly, the amount of torque the lugs will apply to the wheel will be significantly different.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
38 Posts
Just FYI you can check them by sitting them into a wheel with the wheel off the car and make sure the cone on the lug makes full contact with the concave cone on the wheel.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,957 Posts
Our lugs are 60 degree conical seats. Does the link you bought yours at list the specs? I will say AM should have their parts right, and they are probably correct

A Guy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our lugs are 60 degree conical seats. Does the link you bought yours at list the specs? I will say AM should have their parts right, and they are probably correct

A Guy

Specs don't say anything about the seats but does say they will improve stability which I'm not sure how that is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, per American muscle they will fit. One reviewer said the black peeled off after 1 month, so please update the thread your review down the road.
I've only just installed them so I'll have to wait and see. I did put some paint sealant on them when I first got them. Don't look at me that way. I was bored.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts