Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Well I'll be honest it's been a while since i've been here (because I defected) and got an 11 shelby Gt500. And to be honest I'm not happy hence why I'm here (again) !. I still love the looks of the chally. 2. My car grinds BAD when having fun and shifing 2nd. The only thing I'm worried about is the trany is the same tremec tr6060 that's in the chally. So what I'm wondering is anyone having any issues speed shifting 2nd on there chally's. If It's not a problem with them then I may go get me a 392 and get rid of the Shelby. All info is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Maybe you need another shifter? The six speed in my Vette shifted like a POS until I put a B&M Ripper in it...

·
Registered
68 Posts
2nd gear

My car now has 15k on it and I am the second owner, all the other gears engage pretty smoothly with the exception of 1st to 2nd. I just thought that the previous owner may have enjoyed his power shifting abit too much and the synchros were just a little worse for wear. I have seen a few post on this now though and wonder if that is indeed the issue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe you need another shifter? The six speed in my Vette shifted like a POS until I put a B&M Ripper in it...
Man I wish. Had everything to do with 2nd gear replaced and still grinds. Just 1-2 though. I have seen that these tremec tr6060 tranys have these issues with the vettes and cameros but not all. I really would rather a chally and. The Shelbys have this issue bad. (maybe because of the forced induction?) who knows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts