Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say...I have a Hellcat and an STX and I have to say the STX is a fantastic car. Mine is bare bones with just a Blacktop package and no other options but it's got it all. It has everything I need, it doesn't feel like a cheap car that is missing something, it feels fully equipped. I think it's a fantastic value.

IMG-20180317-00294 (2).jpg

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've got one too...a 2016 SXT Plus and I agree it's a real nice package for the price. With the V6 there's less weight on the front end for better handling and with a 305HP V6 hooked to an 8-speed auto it moves out faster than a good number of the old school muscle cars did. Rides real nice too! Plus, it's lets a guy have enough money left over so he can personalize it a bit - so it looks unique to the owner and not like every other one driving down the boulevard. And did I mention I actually get 29-31 mpg real world on the interstate? Hand calculated too - the mpg gauge in the dash is actually pretty accurate, at least on my car.

Yeah, I entertained the thought of getting one of the higher horse models up the line when I was looking, but with increased insurance costs, premium fuel requirements, 3-season tires that wear fast and the constant temptation to use all that extra power (and chance the wrath of law enforcement :surprise:) I think I made the right decision. Like the old saying goes, there's always somebody faster than you - learned that lesson a few times in my younger years. These lowly SXT's offer a surprising bang for the buck IMO!

--------------------------------------------

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,871 Posts
Your STX looks a lot like an SXT >:) I'm happy with my choice, never a thought of changing. A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I had 2 SXT's and just leased a R/T last November but I could go back to a SXT and still be happy.
Like the above post mentioned the SXT PLUS is a highly optioned bargain!!

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I bought a 2016 R/T 392 Hemi Shaker with a manual transmission in the spring of 2016 as my first MOPAR after driving Oldsmobiles all my life. I liked it so much that I traded my 2013 Focus ST DD in on a 2017 Challenger GT 3.6L with the 8 speed auto for my DD/winter car. The ZF 8 speed auto is great and the AWD performs fantastic in the rain and snow. Plus the gas mileage and insurance cost is much lower than my Hemi Challenger. It is great to have one of each to switch between as the weather and driving desires change.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I love my SXT Plus. I live in a high traffic, high gas price area so the RT or beyond just didn’t make sense. I was so glad to move on from my Camaro Z-28 and it’s 15 mpg. Besides, this thing is a great grand tourer with tons of trunk space combined with 30 mpg on regular fuel. Another post mentioned the weight saving and better handling, and I noticed that right away when I was test driving the Challenger range. Less is more!
2015 SXT Plus with STP and 3.06 axle ratio
Phantom Black Pearl with white leather interior

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,703 Posts
I love my SXT Plus. I live in a high traffic, high gas price area so the RT or beyond just didn’t make sense. I was so glad to move on from my Camaro Z-28 and it’s 15 mpg. Besides, this thing is a great grand tourer with tons of trunk space combined with 30 mpg on regular fuel. Another post mentioned the weight saving and better handling, and I noticed that right away when I was test driving the Challenger range. Less is more!
2015 SXT Plus with STP and 3.06 axle ratio
Phantom Black Pearl with white leather interior
That's a Cool picture! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a '13 SXT+, BUT I really don't like the 5 speed AND the 2.65 gears! Other then that I really love it. Well appointed, nice ride, comfy inside. I put on a CAI and a Diablo tune and it runs pretty good (better if I had lower gears n an 8 speed). Its my DD and i have just over 70K on it. Just Black n Chrome, looks cool.

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
I've got one too...a 2016 SXT Plus and I agree it's a real nice package for the price. With the V6 there's less weight on the front end for better handling and with a 305HP V6 hooked to an 8-speed auto it moves out faster than a good number of the old school muscle cars did. Rides real nice too! Plus, it's lets a guy have enough money left over so he can personalize it a bit - so it looks unique to the owner and not like every other one driving down the boulevard. And did I mention I actually get 29-31 mpg real world on the interstate? Hand calculated too - the mpg gauge in the dash is actually pretty accurate, at least on my car.-
I enjoy my SXT+ just as much if not more than the R/Ts I've had but in a different way. The excessive heat here and altitude negated much of the power difference on the 5.7. The 3.6 does not suffer as the 5.7 did. As far as LE, I was never stopped in any of my brightly colored R/Ts while driving as they say, spiritedly. But I've been stopped twice in my white SXT. FYI, I've put the Pedal Commander on both my 3.6 Challenger and 5.7 Ram. The PC makes a much bigger difference in the 3.6 for some reason.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
I have to say, I have never seen Phantom Black in person. Is that similar to the Maximum Steel we have now??

·
Registered
349 Posts
FYI, I've put the Pedal Commander on both my 3.6 Challenger and 5.7 Ram. The PC makes a much bigger difference in the 3.6 for some reason.
I've got the PC as well and it does make for a whole new driving experience, especially in the 3.6 cars in combination with the A8 trans. It actually transforms the cars performance giving you the feeling that mind, throttle foot and performance are much more closely matched than that "laggy" stock throttle pedal. Those who say that it's all psychological and doesn't actually improve performance, etc. may be correct, but enhanced drivability and the feeling that driver and car are "one" is what brings a smile to your face when you're out cruisin'. They should have made the throttle response like this when they were built.

---------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love my SXT, and with a K&N and s custom tune by Hemifever, I am pushingbabout 325 HP. The car runs great and the mileage is awesome, insurance low and it sounds like a rocket ship when I get on it. I do miss the v8 rumble but, ....:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts