Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
My uncle just put on a header and mid pipe kit from eBay that came with high flow cats, now it was a really cheap kit. I held up the “cats” and you could see straight thru em :LOL:

but hey. They’d pass the typical visual test

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
618 Posts
No argument there. Nevertheless, with no inspection/testing/enforcement, guys have done it all day every day for years and years in my state and I’ve never heard of anyone having an issue. Not saying it is right.

But like I said, I don’t have any interest - although I might research some of the “high flow” cats available.
U need to do this why ??? How much HP do put down?????????????

Just leave it as is, plenty of cars running WAY more power then U with cats just fine.

My 97 GT mustang had a 2 1/4 H pipe with SIX cats.(from the factory) Went 2 1/2 X with high end cats and passed smog in WA and gained little power for the cost in the end. Car see's 1000 miles a year if that....
Did it for sound/flow reasons only...………...

Not a big gain VS cost IMOP to justify it.

·
Registered
757 Posts
No cats on my car for years. Almost no exhaust on the car either lol. Longtubes, no cats, xpipe and turndowns before the rear tire. Have the car registered out of an emissions county here in AZ so no problems.

Love the smell of no cats and they were worth the exhaust note change. You either love or hate the smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
U need to do this why ??? How much HP do put down?????????????

Just leave it as is, plenty of cars running WAY more power then U with cats just fine.

My 97 GT mustang had a 2 1/4 H pipe with SIX cats. Went 2 1/2 X with high end cats and passed smog in WA and gained little power for the cost in the end. Car see's 1000 miles a year if that....
Did it for sound/flow reasons only...………...

Not a big gain VS cost IMOP to justify it.
Well ok then. Enjoy your Mustang with your six cats...

?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know of a local Camaro running headers and straight pipe. I pick on him about sounding like a ups truck. It has a cheap sound to it. It just makes noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys i have a 2010 challenger i want to delete secondary cats does check engine light would come outt??

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,584 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Secondary cats? You mean the "only" catalytic converters on the car? Without a tune, yes, CEL

A Guy

21 - 27 of 27 Posts