Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I am thinking it is time to get something new. I have one of 3 possible scenarios which will be played out. All involve trading in my 12 R/T classic with 5k miles, owned just over 1 year. Requirement is a Auto Trans

1) 2014 100th anniversary edition R/T High Octane Red pearl color with Molten lava interior.

2) 2014 SRT8 Plum, blue, or Phantom black with radar red interior

3) 2015 392 color yet to be decided.

Before it is mentioned, Budget or cost is not an issue, I will make sure a price is negotiated to desired levels for me.

Each of the above models has something desirable to me...

1) That color and the interior is beckoning to me.... plus where it is a 100th anniversary edition, I just really like it... but only in the afore mentioned configuration. If it came with a 392, It would be a done deal now. Even though it is a 5.7 motor, I am really liking this model

2) where this is essentially the last of the SRT8 models as we all know, I am thinking I would like to get one before they are gone. Mainly due to the unknown of the new models upcoming. Though with that being said, they will have to make a very sweet deal, because of how the 2015 looks.... IMO.

3) I would be all in for a 392 2015 with one huge factor holding me back. The 8 speed transmission. I am sold on the interior upgrades, and like what was done exterior wise with the hood, grille, and the tails.....

Overall, a tough choice is in the making. I know I could mod my current car to a certain point... I just would want to get a more shiney color.... for lack of another word. Also, being happy and enjoying the current car I have is not an option... lol

Any thoughts from the masses or suggestions....?

·
Registered
540 Posts
#3, you'll never regret the 8 speed auto.
Or #2 in PCP.

Your decision will make it that much easier for a lucky youngster to have a nice used muscle car (assuming you care for yours).

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
You cannot make a choice until you know more about (3).

I'd just wait a little more to make a well-informed choice.

·
Registered
718 Posts
What's wrong with an 8 speed?

Go option 2 for now, trade in a couple years. Even though you have the bank, rebates and discounts are awesome right niw.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I would go for option #3 if I were you and never look back.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You cannot make a choice until you know more about (3).

I'd just wait a little more to make a well-informed choice.
^^^ Agree 100%

Patience is a virtue. Easier said then done.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts

#3 with a Scat Pack Shaker and in either B5 or Sublime...... What's the issue with the A8?........ :5:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Option 1 is the same car you have now but a different color basically. May as well keep your car on that one.
Option 2 would be the logical upgrade in PCP, since it is a great color that is now out of production again.
Option 3 is by far the best choice as you already sort of said without saying it. The styling changes, interior upgrades, the NEWEST thing etc. I have driven a 8 speed in the Charger with V6. It is light years ahead of the ancient 5 speed in the current car. The 5 speed auto is the sole reason I have only owned 6 speed Challengers thus far. The next one will be a 2015+ 392 with auto. That should answer it for you.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
#3. Get the Scat-Pack 392. 8-speed auto and brembo brakes is a big step up over the 5.7 R/T. That would be the best upgrade in your situation.

If money is no option, then I see an SRT Hellcat in your future.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Don't get the 5.7 if you can afford not to...

You will just end up trading it in....you said price was NOT a consideration. Get the SRT. Better yet...since you are rich...and money is not an issue...get the Hellcat SRT.

Reactions: 6Gears'N'Leadfoot

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
unless you have a manual that you can't physically tolerate driving and need an auto I'm not sure I'm following your need/desire for a new challenger.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the multitude of responses. To clear the air so to speak. Budget not a issue to trade up to a SRT8 MY 14 or get a 392 MY15. Hellcat not in budget, otherwise I would drive a viper or something more exotic. It is nice that all the kiddies are grown and there are no monthly expenses outside of a car payment. Very fortunate in that aspect. Not that it matters realistically to anyone besides myself.....lol.

In addition to the comments, my way of thinking is odd, unusual and maybe mixed with a bit of mid life crisis mixed in. My current ride, part of the reason why I got it was no one had the color I have in the group of people I run with or for that matter at Any of the car shows I go to. Dumb reason I know, but I have made it my own, and I find myself wanting something like a different color more or less. Not black but something that sparkles in the sun. No way does white sparkle or shine like metal flake colors.... though it looks great in photo ops and it does shine... just not as much as something else. Besides, I am more of a blue color fan.... I have looked at even trading in for a used SRT8 in blue MY12 used with 12k on the odometer. Just cannot justify spending close to 40k for vehicles with 12-20k on the OD or driving to another state to purchase, not knowing how the laws are in other states with trading in cars. So, I may as well wait for the MY15 I tell myself since there is no blue available in a SRT8 currently.

The 100th Anniversary color High Octane Red with the Molten lava interior is a incredible combo and would do a even trade for what I currently have and just drive it as is with minor mods like window tint as it looks awesome as it sits imo.

What's wrong with an 8 speed?

Go option 2 for now, trade in a couple years. Even though you have the bank, rebates and discounts are awesome right niw.

In response to the 8 speed.... I am not sure about that mainly due to the fact I can burn the tires off from a dead stop with the standard 5 speed auto. Why would I want more gears which would make it easier to spin the tires than it is now. Seems pointless to me and pretty useless... I can picture first and second being spun through. I am talking when I currently take traction control off. So, that is why I am currently debating.... Just a couple months and I will have my answer. Then the choice will be made unless I catch a incredible deal on something currently in existence.

Thanks again for the constructive answers and opinions which people took the time to provide.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts