Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Good luck fitting into the Camaro. I actually fit pretty good as I'm only 5'8", but getting in and out isn't as easy as a Challenger or even my Mustang for that matter and the seats have no lumbar support which I think is weird on a car costing that much. Congrats on paying your house off early. I hate the thought of starting over with a 30 year mortgage at my age, but my house needs so much work and I don't have the time or energy to tackle it and have never been good working with tools and such. I may look into a 15 or 20 year even since the interest is a little lower on those too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well I am going to buy my Challenger RT Scatpack in Blue tomorrow(car is in transit and should be here within a week}I was going to go with a Camaro SS but I have not sat in one as of yet.I was going to a local Chevy dealer in Phillipsburg NJ today and look at the Camaro SS that was for $40,000 butttttt after driving around for 15 mins I found out that the Phillipsburg is in Pa. 2 hours awayssssss lol.
Glad I was able to get the $5300 that includes the Mopar HP dollars. and $500 just being a good Mopar customer.........Seems that there are many items that my 2016 5.7 shaker does not have like a 6.4 engine and a 8.4 screen so I can listen to my Iheart radio stations and google maps.
Yes I wanted a Scatpack Shaker butttt none to be found for under $40,000.
This will be my 4th Challenger RT but my first with 485HP.............JT

·
Registered
939 Posts
Well I am going to buy my Challenger RT Scatpack in Blue tomorrow(car is in transit and should be here within a week}I was going to go with a Camaro SS but I have not sat in one as of yet.I was going to a local Chevy dealer in Phillipsburg NJ today and look at the Camaro SS that was for $40,000 butttttt after driving around for 15 mins I found out that the Phillipsburg is in Pa. 2 hours awayssssss lol.
Glad I was able to get the $5300 that includes the Mopar HP dollars. and $500 just being a good Mopar customer.........Seems that there are many items that my 2016 5.7 shaker does not have like a 6.4 engine and a 8.4 screen so I can listen to my Iheart radio stations and google maps.
You won't regret it! The 392 is a great engine. Lots of low end torque, great tip end throttle response. Night and day difference between it and the 5.7, especially if you're comparing the old NAG1 auto to the new 8HP70.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Nice! Congrats. You’ll love the extra power I’m sure.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger SXT Plus
9 Posts
Hey all
I have had 3 Challengers(2009 loaded Rt,2012 Loaded Rt with the Mopar T/A Hood Package and what I am driving now a 2016 Challenger 5.7 Shaker}
Was thinking its now for a Tradein (20,000 miles}
Thinking of getting a 2021 Challenger ScatPack Shaker Manual (have to be under $38,000 Basic}
Don't need a Challenger that will Cost $40 - $50,000 with Items I will never use.

But recently (2 Weeks}I have been looking at the 2020 Camaros 1SS in dark green Manual for around $36.000.
and the car does move buttttt I am used to the
(BOAT] a challenger lol(lots and lots of room}But since the 2020s are coming to a end and GM taking orders
for the 2021 Camaro 1SS.Think they should be on dealer Lots by Sept.

I really have NO clue how much smaller they are from our Challengers but I have had many Mustangs from 1996 - 2006 and it seems that the Camaros have 4 inchs more leg room then the Stangs.But I do feel if I don't get a Camaro(with rebates and dealer invoice} by Oct then I will shop around for my 2021 Challenger Scatpack with Shaker....
What do you folks think???.................................JT

As someone who has climbed in and out of many Challengers, Camaros, and Mustangs (I’ll get to why the Mustang matters in a minute), I would say Challenger. You mention being used to the nice premium of space. Well, with a Camaro, you can say goodbye to that. I used to think a Mustang was cramped, until the first time I had to climb into a Camaro. I have tinted many of these cars and pulled them in and out of the shop many times and I always dread it. Camaros are cool, but as a daily driver, completely impractical. That car is designed inside to be comfortable for a track day and pretty much nothing else. Also, **** GM and their overpriced vehicles. Buying a crate LS is one thing, but to buy a vehicle from them new and keep them alive? No thanks. Mopar or no car. Again, just my opinion. Also... can’t beat a Challenger. You just can’t.

·
Registered
967 Posts
As someone who has climbed in and out of many Challengers, Camaros, and Mustangs (I’ll get to why the Mustang matters in a minute), I would say Challenger. You mention being used to the nice premium of space. Well, with a Camaro, you can say goodbye to that. I used to think a Mustang was cramped, until the first time I had to climb into a Camaro. I have tinted many of these cars and pulled them in and out of the shop many times and I always dread it. Camaros are cool, but as a daily driver, completely impractical. That car is designed inside to be comfortable for a track day and pretty much nothing else. Also, **** GM and their overpriced vehicles. Buying a crate LS is one thing, but to buy a vehicle from them new and keep them alive? No thanks. Mopar or no car. Again, just my opinion. Also... can’t beat a Challenger. You just can’t.
I drove a 2013 and 2017 Camaro every single day for 6 years and never had any issues with its “impracticality.” In fact my 2013 had Blizzak snow tires and that car went anywhere it wanted, even in blizzards. I laughed at people sliding off the on-ramp while I went chugging right by.

Reactions: Parrott_350

·
Premium Member
Charger 392
386 Posts
Speedy, (Speedy's Garage) got one to complement his Challenger SRT. Loved it. Has a Hellcat now and not sure about the Camaro.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey all
I have had 3 Challengers(2009 loaded Rt,2012 Loaded Rt with the Mopar T/A Hood Package and what I am driving now a 2016 Challenger 5.7 Shaker}
Thinking of getting a 2021 Challenger ScatPack Shaker Manual (have to be under $38,000 Basic}
Don't need a Challenger that will Cost $40 - $50,000 with Items I will never use.

But recently (2 Weeks}I have been looking at the 2020 Camaros 1SS in dark green Manual for around $36.000.
(BOAT] a challenger lol(lots and lots of room}But since the 2020s are coming to a end and GM taking orders

I really have NO clue how much smaller they are from our Challengers but I have had many Mustangs from 1996 - 2006 and it seems that the Camaros have 4 inchs more leg room then the Stangs.But I do feel if I don't get a Camaro(with rebates and dealer invoice} by Oct then I will shop around for my 2021 Challenger Scatpack with Shaker....

I know that you are talking about cars that can be found in your area. Order the car exactly how you want it. That way you get the car you want and you will get a fantastic deal. Find a good dealer that will work with you. Let me explain my experience... I ordered a Dodge Hellcat on May 5th 2020. It arrived on July 13th. That's only about 65 days. It was one of the first cars to be built when the factory opened back up. The factory is banging on all shifts now. To make it even better your car will be one of the first 2021.

Now let's go to the pricing and current supply and demand of car sales. 1. Used cars are in high demand right now. That means that your car is worth more than you think for a trade. Also used car supplies are low. 2. New cars supplies are just coming online so popular cars like Dodge SRTs are also in short supply. That means that dealers are unwilling to deal on the cars that they have. Right now Dodge is offering Power dollars rebate $4850 + employee pricing. That means that you can save almost 10K off msrp on your Scatpack. I know for sure that you can get a skatpack 392 for around 38K. With the Shaker option maybe.But the Skatpack comes with a functioning :cool:air hood so who cares? :)

I ordered my Hellcat with only two options 1. Sunroof and 2. Automatic transmission... That means I avoided option avalanche that usually comes with a hellcat. And I have a cooler hellcat because it doesn't look like anyone else's in the interior.

Check out this link to learn more about the ordering experience. Plain Jane Hellcat

I have had Fords and Camaros, I even ordered a Fbody 2000 SS camaro, but I think Chevy screwed the pooch on the exterior and interior styling of the new generation of Camaros.. I would never buy one... Yes the new LT engine is strong. The LS engine is legendary, and the LT engine will probably be just a good. Ford mustang are extremely awesome cars but... They are little and if you don't fit then its a no go.

Good luck Tell us what you get...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Hey all

There is never a universally correct answer to this question.

Only our own opinions and you'll have to form your own on that.

Visit and drive both and you should be good to go. I can't imagine asking others about anything beyond reliability and hidden costs of ownership.

For me the two cars come down to how they drive and how they look.

The Challenger is a easy choice.

I'll be as unbiased and honest as is possible while talking about the objective stuff and clearly my opinion on appearance is completely subjective and my own opinion.

I drive the two cars and it's hard to not like the Camaro on many levels vs the Challenger. It's the FAR BETTER handling car. These cars aren't even in the same class on this point.

If straight line performance is your priority.......not enough difference exists to to get more excited about one over the other. If your the kind of guy who will wrench and tune for more power both cars can be made faster than stock but obviously the benefit here goes to the Camaro again in terms of "bang for the buck" spent.

Objectively speaking......if the car will be a TOY the Camaro is a pretty clear winner. If the car will be a daily driver the Challenger starts to look better in terms of comfort, size and ability to do everything from carry stuff in the truck and put passengers more comfortably in the back seat.

So here's where it all goes off the rails for the Camaro, IMO.

Again it's just my opinion and maybe you see the "appearance" differently.

As good as the Camaro is in terms of all that a Pony car should be able to do.......there is still that big Elephant in the room I just haven't ever been able to get past and it pains me to say it because I've owned more than just a couple of great looking 70s and 60s Era Camaros over the years (still own a '69 z/28), ....... this new Camaro body has seen many tweaks from it's first public appearance in 2008......yet what started out as a funny looking attempt at recreating the retro take on a '69 body style has only gotten worse over time.

I don't know why I can't get there. I just know I can't. I want to like it. I just can't. It's a car so damned homely looking that the appearance just over-whelms any objectively measurable advantage the car clearly has over it's Chysler and Ford competition.

If you feel differently and you look at a Camaro and can say, "that's a good looking car!"

I'm not sure why you're here asking this question. The Camaro seems like it should be the easy choice for you.

·
Registered
967 Posts
There is never a universally correct answer to this question.

Only our own opinions and you'll have to form your own on that.

Visit and drive both and you should be good to go. I can't imagine asking others about anything beyond reliability and hidden costs of ownership.

For me the two cars come down to how they drive and how they look.

The Challenger is a easy choice.

I'll be as unbiased and honest as is possible while talking about the objective stuff and clearly my opinion on appearance is completely subjective and my own opinion.

I drive the two cars and it's hard to not like the Camaro on many levels vs the Challenger. It's the FAR BETTER handling car. These cars aren't even in the same class on this point.

If straight line performance is your priority.......not enough difference exists to to get more excited about one over the other. If your the kind of guy who will wrench and tune for more power both cars can be made faster than stock but obviously the benefit here goes to the Camaro again in terms of "bang for the buck" spent.

Objectively speaking......if the car will be a TOY the Camaro is a pretty clear winner. If the car will be a daily driver the Challenger starts to look better in terms of comfort, size and ability to do everything from carry stuff in the truck and put passengers more comfortably in the back seat.

So here's where it all goes off the rails for the Camaro, IMO.

Again it's just my opinion and maybe you see the "appearance" differently.

As good as the Camaro is in terms of all that a Pony car should be able to do.......there is still that big Elephant in the room I just haven't ever been able to get past and it pains me to say it because I've owned more than just a couple of great looking 70s and 60s Era Camaros over the years (still own a '69 z/28), ....... this new Camaro body has seen many tweaks from it's first public appearance in 2008......yet what started out as a funny looking attempt at recreating the retro take on a '69 body style has only gotten worse over time.

I don't know why I can't get there. I just know I can't. I want to like it. I just can't. It's a car so damned homely looking that the appearance just over-whelms any objectively measurable advantage the car clearly has over it's Chysler and Ford competition.

If you feel differently and you look at a Camaro and can say, "that's a good looking car!"

I'm not sure why you're here asking this question. The Camaro seems like it should be the easy choice for you.
The new ones (19/20) are ugly as sin, they’re painful to look at, as we’re the (14/15)

08-13 and 16-18 were great looking cars. The early ones were retro with horrible plastic interiors and lacking technology. The 16-18 had all the bells and whistles and were great driving cars, i loved the look. Chevy ruined the Camaro for me in 2019, it’s just so so so so ugly. I literally just had a brand new one driving behind me and I couldn’t get over how much I despise it. Chevy has done the same ugly design on their cars and trucks and it does not work, that designer needs to go.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
2018 Challenger SXT Plus
9 Posts
I drove a 2013 and 2017 Camaro every single day for 6 years and never had any issues with its “impracticality.” In fact my 2013 had Blizzak snow tires and that car went anywhere it wanted, even in blizzards. I laughed at people sliding off the on-ramp while I went chugging right by.
As someone who’s 6’ 2”, the interior cabin of a Camaro feels very cramped to me. That’s what I meant by impractical. I do like those cars, but I like to be comfortable, too. I’ll always love a classic Yenko.

·
Registered
967 Posts
As someone who’s 6’ 2”, the interior cabin of a Camaro feels very cramped to me. That’s what I meant by impractical. I do like those cars, but I like to be comfortable, too. I’ll always love a classic Yenko.
Oh, yeah lol okay I agree with you. They aren’t for tall people, that’s for sure. I am not 6’2” and not real close so the car was fine for me lol.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
447 Posts
I like the Camaro's. They look nice but I don't like that it feels cooped up in there.
The windows are too small or maybe it is the door window sill is too high. One of those factors makes it feel cooped up....plus the back window and winshield are more slanted which makes visibility not as good with all of that going on.

If it weren't for that, I might have got a Camaro as I was deciding between the two but the Challenger won me on the looks. Then when I got in one it was comfy in there lol.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I know that you are talking about cars that can be found in your area. Order the car exactly how you want it. That way you get the car you want and you will get a fantastic deal. Find a good dealer that will work with you. Let me explain my experience... I ordered a Dodge Hellcat on May 5th 2020. It arrived on July 13th. That's only about 65 days. It was one of the first cars to be built when the factory opened back up. The factory is banging on all shifts now. To make it even better your car will be one of the first 2021.

Now let's go to the pricing and current supply and demand of car sales. 1. Used cars are in high demand right now. That means that your car is worth more than you think for a trade. Also used car supplies are low. 2. New cars supplies are just coming online so popular cars like Dodge SRTs are also in short supply. That means that dealers are unwilling to deal on the cars that they have. Right now Dodge is offering Power dollars rebate $4850 + employee pricing. That means that you can save almost 10K off msrp on your Scatpack. I know for sure that you can get a skatpack 392 for around 38K. With the Shaker option maybe.But the Skatpack comes with a functioning :cool:air hood so who cares? :)

I ordered my Hellcat with only two options 1. Sunroof and 2. Automatic transmission... That means I avoided option avalanche that usually comes with a hellcat. And I have a cooler hellcat because it doesn't look like anyone else's in the interior.

Check out this link to learn more about the ordering experience. Plain Jane Hellcat

I have had Fords and Camaros, I even ordered a Fbody 2000 SS camaro, but I think Chevy screwed the pooch on the exterior and interior styling of the new generation of Camaros.. I would never buy one... Yes the new LT engine is strong. The LS engine is legendary, and the LT engine will probably be just a good. Ford mustang are extremely awesome cars but... They are little and if you don't fit then its a no go.

Good luck Tell us what you get...
When you say PD and employee pricing is about 10k off of MSRP, I think that is a little optimistic. From my calculations its only about 7k and some change off. This is assuming about a 50k car. Now I'm figuring it at invoice pricing and not employee so that may be a little different, but not too much I'm guessing?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I could never get by the 'bowtie'. I am 'Mopar'.
Didn't even look at Chevrolet. They maybe okay, but I always thought they just screamed cheap, unless you got a Suburban. I think I could get along with a 'burb', if I de-badged it : )

yeah I know, the ball-joint on the Dodge Ram annoys me to, but I fixed that. Its worth it for that Cummins diesel.

But this thread had kind of a weird way to start, 'gonna get me a camaro' . I agreed with Dennis H, well, go on, get on with it.
And 'TA 392 YJ', analysed the main question great, I thought, in his post above.'homely'

For me, it was he didn't know where Phillipsburg NJ is ? NJ isn't a big state if you live there ! Its not big like Virginia, North Carolina, or Alabama.
I don't know, it just seemed a weird thread.
'Hinkey' 👽

Maybe he should have went to Phillipsburg, They might have found a geo-Storm on the back lot of the chevy dealer that may have peaked his interests?

parrott

·
Registered
13 Posts
When you say PD and employee pricing is about 10k off of MSRP, I think that is a little optimistic. From my calculations its only about 7k and some change off. This is assuming about a 50k car. Now I'm figuring it at invoice pricing and not employee so that may be a little different, but not too much I'm guessing?
Employee Pricing will save you more than $2000 more than invoce.. Find a dealer that will work that deal with you.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts