Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Missing the Challenger after owning 4 in the past 6 years. Two R/Ts, a Core SRT, and a SPS, in that order.

I find myself compulsively going to the Dodge website and building SPS and T/A 392s, occasionally flirting with 5.7 variants. Not much savings there when you get into "Plus" configuration and/or hold back a little on options with the 392.

If I had to pull the trigger today, I'd order a yellow T/A 392 manual trans with houndstooth cloth, convenience pkg, hood pins and an Alpine sound system (jury is out on sunroof). It's not a DD, so cloth seats are fine.

It's funny that the financial calculator leases the SPS out less expensively than the T/A even when the MSRPs are real close.

Oh well, we'll see. The wife hates having a car that only sees sunny days, ice cream runs, joy rides and car shows.

I'm pretty convinced the Challenger replacement will be a "me too" car to compete more directly with the Mustang/Camaro. Hope I'm wrong, but I think I would rather hedge my bets and get a Challenger before they are gone.

·
Registered
188 Posts
...Hope I'm wrong, but I think I would rather hedge my bets and get a Challenger before they are gone.
I have a basic rule. If there is a car out there that you like, BUT IT NOW. You may not like the next model year, they change very fast.

·
Premium Member
9,681 Posts
I too have a basic rule, it’s better to ask forgiveness than permission.
Somehow wives for who knows what reason try to be our mothers. And she wonders why the kids moved out and away.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I too have a basic rule, it’s better to ask forgiveness than permission.
Somehow wives for who knows what reason try to be our mothers. And she wonders why the kids moved out and away.
I am of the same opinion. I'd take a bullet for her, but I'm done with asking permission. I'm 50 this year, retired from one career and 5 years into another. College is secured for the kids, we vacation, etc. If I decide to do it, I'm just doing it.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
I am of the same opinion. I'd take a bullet for her, but I'm done with asking permission. I'm 50 this year, retired from one career and 5 years into another. College is secured for the kids, we vacation, etc. If I decide to do it, I'm just doing it.
Yeah! Show the world who's the man! :eek:rder:

·
Registered
41 Posts
LOL. I live by that motto. I never ask for permission. And I've been doing it since we got married at age 30. Ten years later she still hasn't divorced me, so that's a good sign.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Back on the horse...?

I am on the same boat. I hope to be rejoining the club soon.

I sold my Blue Streak 2012 SRT 392 three years ago and I miss it dearly.

I found a White Knuckle 2016 Scat Pack with under 8,000 miles. I don't want to jinx it, but if everything goes well I will take a look at it over the next several days. Fingers crossed!

Question for anyone who went from a 2012-14 SRT 392 6-speed to a Scat Pack 6-speed
: what are the biggest differences I should expect to find?

I read the Scat Pack exhaust is louder.

·
Super Moderator
14,221 Posts
Same here. When I bought my 2009 SRT, my wife was definitely not on board. She even refused to look at it and has only driven it once (that's a good thing). It's been 9 years, and every time we have a money argument, she still brings up my expensive "toy." That being said, I would do it again!

Go for it. You only live once.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I used to race r/c boats. I was sponsored and spent a thousands a yr. my wife complained . I got my challenger. Now I spend all my time on it and tens of thousands on it. My wife complains.....
See a pattern.............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Depending on what you're using the car for, you may want to pick up a loaded 5.7 R/T Plus. You can now option them with full Scat Pack suspension with 4 piston Brembo brakes. I had to "downsize" to one recently and I am really happy with what I ended up with. In daily driving I don't miss or notice the power difference. The new active exhaust on the 5.7 cars is fantastic! Check out this thread if you haven't already:http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f322/life-changes-so-i-got-rid-my-sp-624290/

·
Premium Member
9,681 Posts
I used to race r/c boats. I was sponsored and spent a thousands a yr. my wife complained . I got my challenger. Now I spend all my time on it and tens of thousands on it. My wife complains.....

WHY do wives try and be our mothers?????
The only they they do like is to complain.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I feel for you guys that have money issues with your spouse. I have no issues at all, I just had to buy her a house. No problem. I get to stay in the garage, the rest of the house is hers.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
I told my wife before we got married, everyone needs a hobby, I could always get bored with cars and pick up gambling and 20 year old hookers.
and that was the end of that dissertation!:icon_cheers:

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts

Here's what you do, you compare your "wants" spenditure at the end of the year proportionate to how much each of you earn.

I feel for you guys that have money issues with your spouse. I have no issues at all, I just had to buy her a house. No problem. I get to stay in the garage, the rest of the house is hers.
And people say money doesn't buy happiness.

Sure ****in' helps, don't it? lol!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I think I have my leverage. The wife wants to adopt a dog, so this is a perfect give and a get opportunity!

My only question now is a yellow or Go Mango T/A?

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Well, I think I have my leverage. The wife wants to adopt a dog, so this is a perfect give and a get opportunity!

Yellow Jacket with these sexy blackouts easily!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
My wife bought mine.But that may be worse!...Now when she wants something she brings up the car.
I think we are even, or I am possibly in the red.It may be time for a Hell cat .See I haven't learned a darn thing.
And the chances of that is 0 to none.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts

Which goes better with the dog? The wife will be wanting you to haul him around in your T/A.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
To think of this...

To adopt a dog may cost up to $800 to $1,000 depends on a breed. How is it a leverage to get a $38,000+ Challenger 392 T/A? :elephant:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts