Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously I had a 2010 Challenger R/T that I now regret selling, though I've come to love certain features that are now standard on a newer vehicle like Android Auto and a backup camera so I'm thinking of getting a new challenger. I'm on the fence about the R/T scat pack and a R/T plus since the price loaded with the options I'd want comes out pretty close between the two. I really didn't feel like I was short on power with my previous R/T but who wouldn't want more horsepower? My thoughts are that the scat pack gives more horse power but carries slightly increased maint costs from what I can gather, plus it requires premium fuel where I've never had to put better than regular into a vehicle but then again I only put about 6k miles on a year due to living relatively close to my office. So there's a little more overall daily cost to the scat pack, are there any compelling reasons anyone can give to go with one over the other?

Anyone know when the B5 blue becomes orderable? Visited a couple dealerships on Saturday and saw a 2015+ blue scat pack challenger sitting in the service area of Frisco Dodge and fell in love with the color combo. I'm not certain that it's the B5 and not a wrap but I don't see any other similar blues that have been available from my mediocre research and the owner wasn't around to ask.

Do any of the current trim levels have the softer seats of the 2008-2014 R/Ts? Sat in a Scat pack with the leather/suede and they definitely feel a lot firmer than what I remember my 2010 feeling like. They don't feel like they'd be quite as comfortable for a 1000 mile road trip as they used to be.

Thanks!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have seen in reviews that the Scat Pack has a stiffer suspension so you might want to consider that too, or at least do some test driving. Some like the stiffer suspension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,028 Posts
When in doubt and the price is about the same go with the option of more horesepower lol, but that's just me. I think only you are going to be able to answer the question of whether the additional HP is worth it or not, like I said if it were me I'd definitely step it up to a Scat Pack. I had a 2010 R/T which I very much enjoyed driving but then traded up to a 2014 SRT and I have no regrets in doing so, in either case you will have a great car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen in reviews that the Scat Pack has a stiffer suspension so you might want to consider that too, or at least do some test driving. Some like the stiffer suspension.
Yeah, my 2010 had the track pack on it so it was a stiff suspension, actually made my sister carsick but I didn't mind it too much except when I went over speedbumps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts