Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a used SRT Challenger. I've been checking out the forum for a few weeks. I currently have a 2013 Ram 1500 truck and have owned several Chrysler products in the past. I've also owned a 2012 Mustang GT. The car was quick, but hated a lot of things about it including the crappy MT82 transmission and the Ford Sync system. I recently sat in a Challenger for the first time about a week ago. I was a little disappointed in the head room and the low roof line. I'm 6'5" so that's pretty important to me. I honestly thought the Mustang had more room. I think the Challenger is an awesome looking car, so I will keep my options open and see what is out there. I'm hoping when the 2015 comes out the price of used ones will drop a bit so I can pick one up for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I have more head room in my Mustang too

im 6'0 and my hair touches the ceiling of the Challenger....I like to sit straight and up close to the steering wheel.....if your 6'5 your going to have to sit laid back

the Challenger is a much better looking car than your Mustang..

if you have a 5.0 id probably keep your Mustang though

1,931 Posts
Welcome from TN...Like the Mustang the Challenger has some negatives as all cars do. The 2013 Challenger is my favorite car owned out of almost 60 during the last 42 yrs.

I am 6-2 and have ample room. Was the car equipped with a sunroof? If so, you might try one w/o the roof as there is more headroom.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Welcome to the club from CO. This might sound weird but I fell in love with these cars when they first came out. I knew I wanted one but needed to know more so I lurked in here for over 3 years before buying my 2012 392 about 2 months ago site unseen from KC. Was going to wait until spring due to winter setting in, but I got a great deal on exactly what I wanted. Black on black with stripe delete and had 12k miles on her.. I had not even drove nor sat in one until it showed up at my front door via in closed carrier. I did so much research I just knew it was it! Only bummer thing is I have only drove it 2 times since I got it, only cause Icy roads and mag chloride. I have a truck for that. So guess what I am saying is if someone built the perfect car for every ones needs and wants their wouldn't be a CHALLENGER"
............... I have toys in boxes and new shoes that will make winter fun as I make her to my idea of mine, then come spring she is going to be in heat! I love this car!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Welcome to ChallengerTalk!
Test drive one, I am pretty sure you'll be amazed by the ride comfort and quality of the Challenger compared to your Mustang. The new "refreshed" Challengers will be out for sale late next year if I am not mistaken so I wouldn't consider a new SRT now If I was you and I completely second the choice of getting a used one. Make sure its a 2011+ though If you can get one.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Have had my SRT 6months.I love this car as much as the first day I drove it.Im 6'6" I do drive with the seat set back some.Don't have any head room issue.There's actually more leg room than I need.I just can't see owning any other car.There's faster,there's smoother,but the SRT has it all in one package.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio.

Take your time and figure out exactly what you want. Test drive a few...

The '15 Challenger production is supposed to start in July so you won't see any on dealer lots until August/September which means the driving season will almost be over. If you find a car you want buy it. You can wait, and wait, and wait for what is coming next but life is short.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The guy who started this thread needs to have one with out a sunroof and you will have plenty of head room unless you have A high hat Afro going on lol

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The guy who started this thread needs to have one with out a sunroof and you will have plenty of head room unless you have A high hat Afro going on lol
Fortunately I'm pretty much bald so the hairdo isn't an issue:) I'm definitely going to take my time to find the right car. I plan on keeping my truck so this will be a summer cruiser primarily.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Be advised...

...thinking about buying...leads to buying...which could result in a "Challenger Obsession/Addiction." If you want to avoid being obsessed with a car....play it safe and don't get one. ;)

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Welcome from TN...Like the Mustang the Challenger has some negatives as all cars do. The 2013 Challenger is my favorite car owned out of almost 60 during the last 42 yrs.

I am 6-2 and have ample room. Was the car equipped with a sunroof? If so, you might try one w/o the roof as there is more headroom.
I am 6'2", 240 and I have lots of head room in my Challenger, no sunroof either. I even had head room with a sunroof model that I test drove.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts