Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Thinking of Canceling My Order - Tired of Chrysler's Lack of Information

6K views 70 replies 48 participants last post by  VolFan65 
#1 · (Edited)
*rant on*

Maybe some will perceive this as "whining", but am getting pretty sick and tired of waiting for ANY information on what the he11 is going on with 2011 GWE production getting started.

Today makes it officially 9 weeks (63 days) since I placed my order with my dealer for a GWE SRT and I still do NOT even have a VIN since we all know they have not even began making the stupid things.

It can't be the Japan paint issue, otherwise Chrysler would have said that paint was affected, right? They did no such thing. GWE has been completely ignored!

It can't be the Allied carrier issue, because they haven't even started making the cars, right?

So JUST what the he11 is holding these cars up?!?!?!

When I placed my order, the information at the time was that production would begin in late February, then it was March, then it was April, then it was - oh who the he11 cares anymore?!?!

I had hoped to get my "Spring Special" sometime in the Spring! That would only seem reasonable, right? Now, it looks like those who wait this out will get them in LATE SUMMER or EARLY FALL (if they are lucky) and at that point, 2012's will already be available for ordering (at least that is what current rumors say).:disgust:

Maybe I'm just in a sour mood. Maybe I am just getting Spring Fever since the weather is getting nice now. Or maybe I am simply sick of Chrysler's ineptitude.

BUT I am seriously thinking of canceling my order and just waiting to see what shows up on a dealer lot someday (if ever). I am becoming more bitter towards Chrysler and their sheer lack of information on this. I am asking myself WHY should I give this company any more of my hard earned $$$ when they treat consumers this way. I am..........this close.......to simply giving up.:(

*rant off*

JFF:disgust:

See less See more
#2 ·
You aren't the only one. Lots of people that order the short run colors get as frustrated as you. I thought I saw that they are just about to begin building GWE cars.

#5 ·
Why don't you look on cars.com for an IE... there are TONS of them. Many listed at MSRP!

Email the dealer via the cars.com website, and the process begins. Some will even ship the car to your door, free of charge! Take your paperwork to your DMV, register it, pay your local sales tax and BAM! New car.

These things are rotting on dealer lots and you're killing yourself over this wait and Dodge's horrible customer service? Go get yourself an existing one and be done with it! Spring and the nice weather aren't gonna wait for your car, unfortunately.

#7 ·
The wait is frustrating but I went into this telling myself expect July and anything before is a bonus. For me (and not saying this is everyone's deal), I plan on being buried in this thing so being able to have it built to my specs - no sunroof, manual, etc - makes it worth the wait. As long as it's here ready to go for my 1 year old girl to drive to her prom I'll be happy.

#8 ·
It may be a matter of Chrysler delayed getting the specific GWE interior trim components ordered, or wheels?

* SRT8 392 GWE gets the color -matched seat trim
* the black pocket (Challenger) SRT Challenger Alcoa wheels

* GWE R/T has different door panel trim (GWE stitching thread)
* specific R/T GWE wheels

I don't know if Chrysler with the "just in time" supply system is only ordering enough for the builds confirmed with some extra over-run for warranty / collision parts replacements and had delays with the supplier.

Those interior trim parts won't be used on the other versions, since they're specific to the GWE packages

#9 ·
Hang in there my brother. It took over 4 months for me to get my first Challenger (and that was because I had Bob locate one that matched my order elsewhere in the country that he scored on allocation for me. My actual ordered car was not built for over 8 months).

Been here before and survived. :thumbsup:

Hopefully we'll see something this week. Fortunately I have plenty of other things to keep me occupied, but a GWE SRT-8 would sure be nice before the next rainy season..............:guiness:

#10 ·
If you are anything like me, you would be kicking yourself after some time elapses and you get a chance to "cool down", especially once you start seeing them. I waited nealy 5 months from time of order until delivery and had thought about canceling my order too. I would hang in there, if you really want the car set up with options that you want, it will be worth it and you'll forget all about the waiting and the lack of information from Chrysler after you drive her. I was told the same thing by members here, and I'm glad I held out:bigthumb:

#12 ·
two things, first the easy one, who says late summer early fall?

second. you thought to yourself i might want to cancel my order, the lack of info and reasonable excuses from chrysler along with the wait is too much to bear...but you came on hear and ranted instead of contacting your dealer...because really you don't want to cancel. if you wanted to cancel...you would have already.

don't worry about the sour mood, happens to us all on nice days and the last 3 or 4 have been exceptionally nice. so for now, just sit tight and wait...who knows maybe something nice will happen later this week/early next

i don't understand the appeal of canceling and looking for a GWE on a lot, seems like more work. as it stands now i know exactly where a car optioned like i want with my name on the window sticker will be showing up. sure, the when is up in the air a bit, but in the big picture am i really going to care a couple years down the road that i got a car a month or so earlier...probably not.

if it makes you feel better those of us who ordered 1/12...we're at 13 weeks

#13 ·
Like others have said, hang in there. I know how frustrating it can be. I had to wait 7 months for my 2009 SRT to be built and delivered. This included re-ordering it after my first dealer went bankrupt with my deposit. It seems like a distant memory. Only good times now! :thumbsup:

#14 ·
Dont get crazy, I was excited about my FF 2010 and when it got here finally I grabbed it. Then the cars sat on the lots and you can buy the same thing 5 months later for $7000 less.
Wait till it sits on the lot a while and go buy it for less.

#20 ·
oh don't get me wrong, if you want to cancel your order and pick one off the lot because you think it'll be cheaper, by all means do that.

i ordered because i want my name on the window sticker, i got the options i wanted, and i got what i consider a good deal for a price i'm perfectly fine paying. its an added bonus of convenience for me that i won't have to look for cars on lots.

#18 ·
waited over 8 months for my '09 SRT, cause I wanted "the one" I ordered, exactly the way I wanted it & my name on the window sticker....no big deal, cause I had other cars to play with. I do think its worth the wait, but its "kinda funny" that Ford is delivering 2012 Mustangs(5.0, GT500, Boss) as we speak, and Chrysler is still "thinking about" producing '11 GWE's:scratchhead:

#21 ·
My '08 took 7 months from order to delivery, the dealer couldn't give me much if any info you should get a VIN soon. Did you make a down payment yet ? Don't sign anything until you get a price in writing !!!

#22 ·
Contact a dealer who actually cares, and tell them you want dibs on their first dealer-ordered car with your specs (color, etc). Chrysler seems to fill dealer orders before customer-instigated orders. That's how I got my 2009 Torred 6-speed SRT after about a 3 week wait in Nov. 2008. Of course, I have no idea how well that will work now, especially with GWE. Worth a try though. I would NEVER order a car from Chrysler. I've read too many of these threads to ever put myself thru such misery. Good luck.

#23 ·
your real wait hasnt even started yet!!!!

wait until your cars all done and just sitting there for weeks/months

you waited this long so id reconsider and keep waiting

i would never order a car again from Dodge...

Cancel your order, but wait and pick up a GWE when the dealers start getting them..thats the only way to assure the shortest wait time...

The IE is nice and will be rarer than the GWE....do you want white seats???

sometimes i think i should have waited for a GWE and because of my fussyness with the seats .i probably should have...your probably 2 months away from obtaining a GWE...id wait!

you will be getting your GWE around the time the info on the 2012's is here...maybe when they are being delivered....if you wait you may have another option and some new colors

what colors are you looking at?

#24 · (Edited)
...I waited 35 years (1973-2008) to order another new Challenger, and you're whining over 9 weeks :):)

...it took 8 months from order date to delivery of my '08 SRT

...I ordered an '09 SRT the day my '08 arrived, took 5 months for it to arrive

...waited 5 months for my HURST Challenger SRT to arrive and 8 months for my HURST Challenger RT to be delivered, I could have stood on my head for 9 weeks :)

...waited 11 months for my "FF" HURST Challenger to be delivered from the date the color was announced, 9 weeks is no biggie :)

...time will pass, days/weeks and sometimes months will pass quickly, enjoy the suspense...all the anxiety will be gone the minute you take her for the first drive...:)

...enjoy the ride, they are going to be a beautiful car

Attachments

#25 ·
Sounds like Dodge really doesn't have it together with order production. My Audi was built to spec in Bratislava halfway across the world and shipped over the pond to the dealer in 6 weeks. At this point it sounds like you have three options:

1.) Hang in there (you've already waited this long!)

2.) Cancel your order and get one at a stealership later, probably for a better price (It will be painful if you see GWE's on dealer lots and don't have your car yet)

3.) See what 2012 has to offer since the model year starts this summer, and we're almost there. Although given Dodge's track record, if you order a 2012 in July you might get it in January...

#26 ·
I once ordered a new TransAm and would have had to wait 4 to 6 months to get a six speed, 9 weeks is a little shorter than that, the factory itself cancelled my order as they discontinued taking new orders in order to build the anniversary trans am that year. Be patient, they will come, word is that they are slowly working on them. I understand the disappointment, which is one of the reasons why i chose to wait until they had a color i would be happy with already at the dealers, when the gwe cars arrive, i will likely go see one in person and tempt myself with a possible trade in. But at least i have one i can enjoy while waiting for them to make my favorite colored car. I may not trade my DY in, but its always a possibility.

#27 ·
I watched this same exact story on the '08's and 09's. By the time I was ready to purchase my '09, there was no freaking way I was going to put myself through the wringer of months of no info and complete disorganization by Dodge.

Did a search nationwide, found the car I wanted that no longer had a $75K over list price (some of you remember those...) and bought it right off the trailer.

The only thing I didn't get was the window sticker with my name on it. That piece of paper truly wasn't worth the months of aggravation.

My advice is to dump the sale, find what you want and drive it off same day.

#36 ·
Again he says, there are no cars on "other lots". They haven't built any yet. He's not talking about an I/E car.................

Unless you're saying pick one up when they start appearing on lots, but that's a moot point because his car will likely have been built by that time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.