Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I will be home from Afghanistan in a few months and next spring I want to get some power mods for my 2009 SRT8. I currently have an AFE Stage II, Predator with DCX Tune and MBRP exhaust.

I would like to have around 450 RWHP and something really reliable. Not a racer just want it to be a little faster and add a little enjoyment to my retirement years. I am in Missouri and wanted to know what you guys would recommend as far as upgrades and where to go for installation?

Thought about a supercharger but would rather go NA if I can. Want to stay 4-6 grand if I can but want a nice setup so would go more if had to.....Any thoughts would help....

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
First, thanks for your service and make it home safe!

I'm happy with the gains I got from the Inertia build. The higher hp/tq #'s are great to have but I think if I go any higher in the HP/TQ, traction becomes an issue as a streetable daily driver and with 412rwtq, it'll loose traction at launch if you floor it.

Having been in your shoes trying to decide on a heads/cam package, here are a few real world numbers just for reference.

Stock SRT8 Camshaft (.544" .528" Duration @ .050" Lift: 206/211 Lobe Separation: 117.5)

03HDFB (508 RWHP/490 RWTQ) 6.1, custom tuned
-Inertia Premium Heads (2.10/1.60) intake/exhaust
-SRT Max Cam (.566" 556" Duration @ .050" Lift:218/223 Lobe Separation: 112)
-Ported Intake
-85mm MM Ported TB
-Mopar CAI
-EDGE TC 2800rpm
-3.73 gears
-Zoomers Exhaust w/ Magna Cats

Omicron (480 RWHP/476 RWTQ) 6.1, custom tuned
-PWR Street Heads (2.10/1.60) intake/exhaust
-PW-220X Cam ( .562” .565” Duration @ .050” Lift: 220* 232* Lobe Separation: 112)
-Ported Intake
-100mm TB
-LMI 4" CAI,
-Dynomax Exhaust

Rayzazoo (431 RWHP/412 RWTQ) 6.1, custom tuned
-Inertia Performance Ported Heads
-Spartan Cam (.560" range Duration @ .050" Lift: 214/218 Lobe Separation: 113
-Ported Intake
-85mm MM Ported TBody
-C&L CAI
-Magnaflow

Willybegood2 (428 RWHP/401 RWTQ) 6.1, predator
-Arrington Phase 4 Ported Heads
-586 cam (.586"/.593" Duration @ .050" Lift: 225/228 Lobe Separation: 114)
-Ported Intake
-90mm TB
-K&N CAI
-Magnaflow

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
if your in Missouri go see mr norms he's the closest to you

·
Registered
55 Posts
rayzazoo,

curious, were all of those cars dyno number on the same dyno?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
rayzazoo,

curious, were all of those cars dyno number on the same dyno?
Nope, definitely different dynos and definitely different conditions. For example, mine was in 91deg heat and already heatsoaked... All of the numbers came off the power mods thread. I did some additional forum/internet browsing to find the specs etc. Again, they are there more for reference and not meant to vendor compare.

In all fairness, we know the OP can't go wrong if he chooses PWR, Arrington or Inertia as all are good choices and can provide some really good packages to meet the needs of the OP.:bigthumb:

Also, are most of the gains in hp/tq coming from the difference in ported vs the 2.10/1.60 heads or is it more from the camshaft?

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys.

Some good information and I have received some great PM's from several vendors. Rayazoo thanks for the numbers as that really helps.

I will keep you posted on what i get done.

Thanks again,
James

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I am going to either visit Mr. Norms, Shop Hemi or PWR, in a few months for the heads & cam package. Im sure I can't go wrong going with any of them. I am awaiting quotes and will decide then...

Had a heck of a time deciding between SC or NA but read some good posts from Trojan and others and decided that NA would probably suit me alot better at least or now:)

Being in Missouri Mr. Norms is alot closer so still not sure yet where I will take my baby to be energized when I get home....

Thanks for the great information....James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts