Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen many posts about the great deals that you can get for a 2010 SRT. I have a 2010 R/T that I am thinking of trading for a 2010 SRT. My concern though is what has happened to the value of my RT. Given the great deals on SRT's, can I also assume that this has impacted the trade in for my R/T.
Also, given the option of a automatic or a manual for the SRT, what would you chose? I currently have a manual R/T.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It is going to cost you between 10-13K to go from the R/T to the SRT 8. A friend of mine just did it...BUT...they love the SRT8 ......so if you really want it and can afford it "DO IT":) Oh they also had a manual R/T went with an auto SRT8...

·
Banned
333 Posts
Not worth it going from 2010 R/T to 2010 SRT.
I'd keep the R/T unless the 2011 SRT was on the table.

All of this assuming you are not just tired of the 6-speed.
In that case, any of the above with the auto will make you happy.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I guess the why is important. Personally I would be more inclined to do a 2011 next year when prices are in the toilet preparing for 2012 stock. My reason is simple. The 2011's are getting a bigger 6.4 engine and more HP plus overall base prices are lowering slightly.

IIRC the 2011's are bumping about 50 HP. Woot woot.

But that's just me. I want the most power I can afford.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
For the money you'll lose trading, you could modify your R/T to blow the doors off even a 2011 SRT and have a more unique car to boot.

If I didn't have a Challenger at all then 2011 SRT would be the one for me, but if I already had a R/T Challenger, supercharge that bad boy, put a suspension on it, and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Please spend a little time searching the site, nickp. There's a ton of threads on here about R/T versus SRT. Search, read, decide.

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
1,987 Posts
I did just make that trade. Dodge has/had $4000 in rebates and $3000 off list I made the trade. The only reason it was possible though is that the dealer really stepped up on the R/T trade in, certainly more then I expected. Thus, I suspect dodge might have some dealer incentives going.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
If there was ever a time to trade R/T to SRT, now would be a pretty dang good time.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I guess the why is important. Personally I would be more inclined to do a 2011 next year when prices are in the toilet preparing for 2012 stock. My reason is simple. The 2011's are getting a bigger 6.4 engine and more HP plus overall base prices are lowering slightly.

IIRC the 2011's are bumping about 50 HP. Woot woot.

But that's just me. I want the most power I can afford.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I'd never trade a car for the same year model; you lose too much on depreciation. If you're hell bent o doing it; at least wait for a 2011.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts