Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm thinking of trading it in for a used 2015 Hellcat..... I know I have a 2015 SP but this hellcat has less then 6k miles and they want less then 45K.....

Thinking of seeing if I can get it down more was 46k last week online.....

Only plus it's a A8 so the wife thinks she can drive it lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So is it a good deal on the HC?

I'm tempted to go this Thursday to see what I can get for a trade in.

Also I looked up the window sticker it was 64k in 2015...

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,428 Posts
I know I will get that bug in the future as well. You may want to sell your SP elsewhere instead of fighting for a good deal on both your sale, and the HC.
The price sounds decent enough, I do envy you.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
So is it a good deal on the HC?

I'm tempted to go this Thursday to see what I can get for a trade in.

Also I looked up the window sticker it was 64k in 2015...

Not current on the market price for used Hellcats.

Visit www.kbb.com and www.nada.com (and there may be others) and plug in the Hellcat details and see what the trade in/private/retail sale prices are.

The selling dealer likely has only the trade in price in the car so that's your negotiating starting point.

While you are researching Hellcat values research Scat Pack values. Be prepared -- servicing history, no mods, low miles, whatever is applicable -- to justify why you should receive more than just the trade in value allowance for your Scat Pack.

Or run the car by a handy CarMax and see what CarMax will give you for the car.

If you decide to pursue the Hellcat be sure you give it a thorough used car checkout before you buy. If you want I can post something that can be of some help to you in checking out the car.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I believe some of those had the S.C. bearing failure issue. Might want to check the service history to see if it was affected/fixed before the powertrain warranty expires.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah if they give me 25k for the sp I'll be like 4k under.....

I miss having 800 credit ****en sucks but it's higher then when I got the car so let's hope that helps haha

Sad part no carmax near me but I'll be going on the 10th to San Antonio so guess I can take it then.

So if I'm paying more then now I probably won't do it..... it's tempting cuz it has low miles

·
Super Moderator
15,068 Posts
check to make sure if the supercharger doesn't have the noisy bearings issue - this turned up in early builds up through part of '16.

probably seeing what the service history is (warranty work) another thing to look at. dealer can look up VIN for history

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
619 Posts
check to make sure if the supercharger doesn't have the noisy bearings issue - this turned up in early builds up through part of '16.

probably seeing what the service history is (warranty work) another thing to look at. dealer can look up VIN for history
BAD bearing at the 6K miles ???? Should be a recall then.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well I'm thinking of trading it in for a used 2015 Hellcat..... I know I have a 2015 SP but this hellcat has less then 6k miles and they want less then 45K.....

Not a bad price about what i paid for my 17 but my 17 has miles.
A8 is great it is no slouch. TBH if your getting the HC itch your not gonna get rid of it till u get one so welcome to the Gas station car meet

·
Registered
79 Posts

I dont see why you can not get that car 42. make sure check the supercharger and other used car basics.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well they offered $44,250

But looking at the carfax they have has it since October but at a different location but sold it to them self I guess at another location lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts