Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My third brake light is not flush against the rear window, so whenever I hit the brake, the whole back area lights up red and I hate it. Are all challengers like this or am I special. Has anyone with this problem come up with a solution like an adhesive or something. thanks

Sorry about the crappy iPhone pic

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Can you fill the gap with a thin section of black foam?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I actually know a little bit about this. The black plastic housing pops off, it might have come loose and you may just need to pull it downwards then snap it back up. I did this with mine and inserted small velcro strips in there because my speakers caused it to rattle.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I had the exact same problem. There are actually two plastic pieces in the back - one with a rubber gasket around it that is supposed to "seal" the light around the window and the one that clips up - the one that clips is supposed to hold the one with the gasket in place. At least I think that's how it works.

Anyway, mine was clipped up all the way but the gasket wasn't touching the window all the way around the light, so the light was leaking into the back seat. I went to Home Depot and spent about $5 on a roll of foam tape (I think it was 1/2" thick). I unclipped the 2nd piece and installed the foam tape so that when you clipped it back in, it pushed up much harder on the piece with the gasket. Problem solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts