Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was finally able to get to the track tonight! It's my third time out and up till tonight I had only been able to run a [email protected], well I finally got in the 13's! 13.6 @ 104! I finally feel like a real boy!! A great end to an otherwise f*{<ed up day.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
It'll only get better with practice. Congratz!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was definitely out of practice, last night started off HORRIBLE! I think I completely forgot how to launch cause my first three runs were complete garbage. They were all 14.9 and slower with 2.7 60' and slower! I thought something was wrong with the car for a minute cause I was redlining the hell out of the launch without trying and not going anywhere, almost felt like the clutch wasnt there, then I'd hit 2nd and be gone. I don't know what was happening but I took a long break after the third pass cause I was pissed. Then one of my friends got there and I told him what was going on, and he was tripping out too. After a while I went back at it and had to collect myself and finally started getting it right. 4th pass was a 14.1 @ 103, after that I hit the 13.6! And hot lapped one last pass in celebration. Called it a night after that, I was so happy I got it togetherin the end.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Congrats, BB! Very nice. Launching a six speed with 3.92 gears and a lot of torque is no small thing...

HemiSam

·
Registered
585 Posts
nice going Josh you've broken the ice, it's dial in time. defo will seek you out for my maiden voyage tips, good luck to ya. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
It wont be long youll be going 12s bro, My first time was a 13:90s 2 months later I was in the mid 12s. Good Luck and may the Hemi gods be with you.
FT

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm Hoping to break 12's with the headers and mids I ordered, not sure if my drivings that good yet but hoping. I had always thOught I'd be happy with a 12 sec car but can already tell I'm gonna want more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts