Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Man, I've dragged cars to the scrap yard that were better than that...of course that was 30+ years ago.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Not being an R/T will make it tougher to restore and hold value.

·
Premium Member
2013 RT Classic
537 Posts
Man, I've dragged cars to the scrap yard that were better than that...of course that was 30+ years ago.
Me too, running and driving cars to boot.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Going to take some big bucks to restore that car. Hope it does get restored though.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If you get the challenger for 5000 and you put 20 grand in it you should be ok but much more than that you will be upside down on it.

·
Registered
958 Posts
there's plenty there to work with and all the body panels are readily available. I agree 5k seems a bit steep but that's the entry fee for a seat at the table these days. Restored properly people will fall over themselves to get into one.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Since it doesn't have the factory drive train it would be a great car to do a 392 Hemi crate motor and trans install. A classic body shell with modern powertrain.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Since it doesn't have the factory drive train it would be a great car to do a 392 Hemi crate motor and trans install. A classic body shell with modern powertrain.
That would be great. I bet a 392 and modern tranny is quite expensive... not to mention the floor plan and engine mount changes and the modern tech that has to go along with all of that.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That thing is roached and a lot of the expensive/ rare 1971 pieces are missing. $20K minimum just in rust repair and bodywork. Even if you got it for free you'd be upside down restoring it, because it's just a JH code with no interesting options. Can't save them all, this one should be parted out to save others worthy of restoring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts