Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
...It seems like I read somewhere once that hammering the brakes for a quick stop and then leaving the pads clamped onto the rotors at the stopping point will do something to the rotors... so that their surfaces are no longer true.
I read this same thing more than once last year when doing some brake rotor research. Specifically, they were talking about bedding in new pads and the heat induced into the rotors while doing so. They were adamant about NOT sopping the car and holding the pedal down for this same reason... I've forgotten the details, but pad material transfer was mentioned, and that the pads act as a heat sink against the rotors when stopped could cause issues. Therefore I often shift into neutral (Florida roads are typically level) at lights.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Next time you get stopped tell him you’re impersonating a taxi. Most ex LEO cars in FL become those.
I can't see me ever doing much taxi work with that car. On the few occasions when I have had enough passengers to put some in the back seats, they always freaked out when they realized I had them trapped back there. (There are no inside door handles in the back, and the back door windows' down/up switches are not hooked up.)

From what I've seen, not being able to exit the vehicle except when I decide to let you out seems to be a concept most folks have trouble warming up to. >:)

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Eaux, I did not know that

A Guy
Dude, what gives?!?

The last thing I remember before going to bed was you saying you would get my car put back together and have it driveable for me today.

So imagine my surprise when I walked out into the garage and saw this:
WP_20190517_10_00_17_Pro (2).jpg

In fact, it looks identical to how it did last night when I gave up out of frustration and left it alone in the dark so it could think about what it had done...

if I didn't know any better, I'd swear you haven't even touched it yet... :surprise:

Fine, I guess if I want to be able to drive the danged thing, I will have to fix it MYSELF!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Dude, what gives?!?

The last thing I remember before going to bed was you saying you would get my car put back together and have it driveable for me today.

View attachment 945817

In fact, it looks identical to how it did last night when I gave up out of frustration and left it alone in the dark so it could think about what it had done...

if I didn't know any better, I'd swear you haven't even touched it yet... :surprise:

Fine, I guess if I want to be able to drive the danged thing, I will have to fix it MYSELF!
I think it looks more like Shamoo than a police car?

And you were apparently board when taking that picture.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,988 Posts
Dude, what gives?!?

View attachment 945817

I beg your pardon? I never promised you a rose garden. Along with the sunshine, there's gotta be a little rain some time

A Guy

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I think it looks more like Shamoo than a police car?

And you were apparently board when taking that picture.
Yeah, but Whale Blubber Hauler just doesn’t sound very good for a nickname...not to mention that would be murder to try to say drunk when explaining to the cops what the plate message means.

Board, no...procrastinating, yes.

I hate working on brakes, and I’ll do anything else to put it off. Even take a pic and attach it to a fanciful post on an online automotive forum.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

·
Super Moderator
12,988 Posts
See, what had happened was...I was gonna come, until I remembered all your tools are left handed...and I heard the police closing in on you in the video, so I knew there would be police tape and fingerprint powder and whatnot. Maybe after the heat is off...

A Guy

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Lil Willy :wink2:
I thought that was going to be a meme at first when I clicked the attachment, but after seeing that 'gentleman' is holding a Coors Light, I can tell it is no meme - it is real life.

Friends don't let friends give their worst enemies Coors Light

·
Registered
439 Posts
I thought that was going to be a meme at first when I clicked the attachment, but after seeing that 'gentleman' is holding a Coors Light, I can tell it is no meme - it is real life.

Friends don't let friends give their worst enemies Coors Light
I wonder what that person would be if you gave them a bud light then? A super duper worst enemy?

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I wonder what that person would be if you gave them a bud light then? A super duper worst enemy?
That depends...is it a Bud Light Lime?

If so, then the old adage “keep your friends close, and your enemies closer” applies...and consider me an enemy!
CD695498-9F42-4F8B-9B1C-8AADFAACB6B6.jpeg

:guiness:

:grin2:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just saying, Coors light is better than a lot of other beer I've had and Coors Light> Coors any day of the week. I do prefer my 12 year single malt whisky though.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
41 - 60 of 66 Posts