Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent been on the forum for awhile, wanted to thank the guys who helped me thru my hood & trunk repaint issues...........car is looking good. Lately the ymca I go to is having a swim meet every weekend lately, there is no room in the parking lot, and seeing I never even park close to anyone, I found me a new spot, its called a soccer field behind the "Y". The GT is running great in the snow, but tomorrow I'm going for the big test on the lake with a few thousand 4X4"s for sturgeon spearing. I'm thinking I'm gonna be the only challenger on the lake.

Have a good day

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,507 Posts
Just give it time...someone will eventually park next to you. Or someone see the car and think it has been abandoned (at least an honest thief would) and try to break-in.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Too funny. The things we do to keep our cars pristine. Me I always park as far from humans as possible. Yet there always seems to be one person who just doesn't get it. Hope the ice is strong!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,773 Posts
Just give it time...someone will eventually park next to you. Or someone see the car and think it has been abandoned (at least an honest thief would) and try to break-in.

A Guy

·
Registered
194 Posts
My wife parks as far away from her work as possible when she drives Beatrice. These folks still decide to park near her.
I get the 'vette and nice truck parking out there, but what's that POS ford doing there?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,018 Posts
@ChallyTatum is right - there are some low-life individuals in this world who will see your remote parking job and take it upon themselves as an invitation to be a smartazz. They'll pull up alongside your car and park as close as they can get in order to really drive their point home. Sadly, I speak from experience on this.

In another, alternate universe when this happened to the alternate me, I pulled a tire tool out of my trunk and smashed all the windows out of the funny guy's car. Then I sat on his hood slapping the tire iron into the palm of my hand as I patiently waited for him to return. I'd like to think that, again in the alternate universe, I used that same tire tool to knee-cap Mr. Funny Guy once he got back to his car and asked me what the heck was going on. But they have police and jails in that alternate universe, and so I'm pretty sure I didn't physically assault him there either.

And then there are times where I day-dream about a whole 'nother separate alternate universe. One where things like the Trunk Monkey are a real thing! And in that universe, I have my very own Challenger Monkey that takes care of all the Mr. Funny Guys that I happen to run across in my daily travels (skip forward to the 0:43s mark to get the real affect!):

·
Registered
36 Posts
@ChallyTatum is right - there are some low-life individuals in this world who will see your remote parking job and take it upon themselves as an invitation to be a smartazz. They'll pull up alongside your car and park as close as they can get in order to really drive their point home. Sadly, I speak from experience on this.

In another, alternate universe when this happened to the alternate me, I pulled a tire tool out of my trunk and smashed all the windows out of the funny guy's car. Then I sat on his hood slapping the tire iron into the palm of my hand as I patiently waited for him to return. I'd like to think that, again in the alternate universe, I used that same tire tool to knee-cap Mr. Funny Guy once he got back to his car and asked me what the heck was going on. But they have police and jails in that alternate universe, and so I'm pretty sure I didn't physically assault him there either.

And then there are times where I day-dream about a whole 'nother separate alternate universe. One where things like the Trunk Monkey are a real thing! And in that universe, I have my very own Challenger Monkey that takes care of all the Mr. Funny Guys that I happen to run across in my daily travels (skip forward to the 0:43s mark to get the real affect!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8oPVVGYQ40&feature=youtu.be&t=43s
Hah! Maybe overkill if they didn't actually damage your car. Maybe. Personally a valve stem remover and enough time to visit all 4 tires would satisfy my lust for revenge due to mean spirited parking lot behavior.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you park far out way in the back you are just asking for it man. Best to park in the middle of the lot off to the side a bit. Where there are enough spaces around you and enough spaces closer to the building that are more desirable to others. Preferably by an island, preferably on the right side of another car. Preferably by a minivan with a side door that slides instead of a door that swings open. I have got a whole system/protocol for parking my Challenger.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The trick to getting a "safe" spot is not being too much of a *****, or acting too much like your car is gods gift to cars. If you find a big lot and park in the farthest/last spot that lot has (like the OP), you are almost guaranteed to get some ****** in a 90's lifted jeep cherokee that will park on top of your drivers door. As well as if you take up two or more spots anywhere on the lot. Thats just asking to get blocked in. Now if you are smart, you will find an empty cluster of spots. Not too far away from the main cluster of cars, and not one spot away from the end of the cluster of cars. Find a spot maybe next to an island where you can crowd near the curb, and its not too far in the distance where you draw attention to your car. Your challenger is most definitely standing out like a sore thumb in that lot OP. Like I said, someone will go out of there way to park next to you, when you do what you did.

Also understand that a door ding is cheap and easy for any PDR guy to pull. BUUUUUUT. If you get a ding on the rear quarter panel, you are almost always going to need body work. The bracing behind the panel cuts off access from either the tail light, or the inside of the rear to get to any part of the rear quarter on a challenger.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,018 Posts
The trick to getting a "safe" spot is not being too much of a *****, or acting too much like your car is gods gift to cars. If you find a big lot and park in the farthest/last spot that lot has (like the OP), you are almost guaranteed to get some ****** in a 90's lifted jeep cherokee that will park on top of your drivers door. As well as if you take up two or more spots anywhere on the lot. Thats just asking to get blocked in. Now if you are smart, you will find an empty cluster of spots. Not too far away from the main cluster of cars, and not one spot away from the end of the cluster of cars. Find a spot maybe next to an island where you can crowd near the curb, and its not too far in the distance where you draw attention to your car. Your challenger is most definitely standing out like a sore thumb in that lot OP. Like I said, someone will go out of there way to park next to you, when you do what you did.

Also understand that a door ding is cheap and easy for any PDR guy to pull. BUUUUUUT. If you get a ding on the rear quarter panel, you are almost always going to need body work. The bracing behind the panel cuts off access from either the tail light, or the inside of the rear to get to any part of the rear quarter on a challenger.
I hear what you're saying, but think about what it means: I am so adverse to door dings from butt-heads, I park as far away as possible from any other car. But by virtue of doing that, I am now virtually guaranteed to get a door ding because I somehow deserve it by parking so far away?!?!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I thought the only safe parking spot was in my driveway. I was completely wrong about that.

I have two dents in my Challenger. One caused by me when I was vacuuming the truck and opened the passenger door from the inside. I forgot I had moved the Challenger next to it and put a nice dent with chipped paint in the quarter at the crease.

The other was from my daughter opening her door into the fender. This is after I told her to not hit it with the door. My wife can't park. You could fit another car on the driver's side and there was only about 2 feet between cars on the passenger side.

My wife also backed my truck out of the turnaround area and hit the challenger in the right rear quarter and bumper with the left front bumper. No dents on the challenger but it did remove some paint on the bumper. It pulled the bumper down about an inch on the truck and put a big dent in the fender. I saved the video from my camera dvr and play it for her occasionally.

I've never had a single dent parking in a parking lot.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought the only safe parking spot was in my driveway. I was completely wrong about that.

I have two dents in my Challenger. One caused by me when I was vacuuming the truck and opened the passenger door from the inside. I forgot I had moved the Challenger next to it and put a nice dent with chipped paint in the quarter at the crease.

The other was from my daughter opening her door into the fender. This is after I told her to not hit it with the door. My wife can't park. You could fit another car on the driver's side and there was only about 2 feet between cars on the passenger side.

My wife also backed my truck out of the turnaround area and hit the challenger in the right rear quarter and bumper with the left front bumper. No dents on the challenger but it did remove some paint on the bumper. It pulled the bumper down about an inch on the truck and put a big dent in the fender. I saved the video from my camera dvr and play it for her occasionally.

I've never had a single dent parking in a parking lot.
I hear ya brother, ive had only 3 accidents in my life since driving since 67, all have been in my driveway. LOL............im the OP on this, this was meant to be a joke and say hi since I haven't been on the forum for awhile............you guys take this seriously I see.........although ive been parking like this for many a year, never a dent or ding in my cars from a parking lot............the driveway is another matter though.

Rich

1 - 17 of 17 Posts