Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I really need you guys to chime in on this one...

I have built a 2011 SRT8 on-line and I have the money and full blessing from my wife to go order one.

I have been to the dealer before and the salesmen don't know anything as always.

This is the last car that I am going to buy for a while and I am going to go for broke on all the options.

The question is... Does anybody know of any thing that I should know when I go to the dealer that is not on the web site. Things I should ask for. I do not want to spend this kind of money and have a case of the would-of-should-hav's

Thanks for your time guys

This is what the dealer and I worked up on the first visit...

Sales Code Description MSRP
LCDX22 Challenger SRT8 42,555
22X Customer preferred package 22X 0
ESG 6.4L V8 SRT Hemi mds engine 0
DGJ 5-Speed Auto W5A580 Transmission 995
PSC Billet Metallic Clear Coat 0
APA monotone Paint 0
UL Prem leather trimmed bucket seats 0
DV Dark slate Gray 0
AY2 SRT option Group II 695
GWA power Sunroof 950
ACX MOPAR interior appearance group 780
RHB Media Center 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV 395
M2S Dual Gray Center Stripes 0
WPA 20X9.0 Aluminum Wheels 0
YGF 8 Additional Gallons of Gas 0
3EJ Gas Guzzler Tax 1300
Destination fees....825

Total price was 48,495 as built

Just if anyone is interested.....

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
It says that radio is Nav but the sales codes dif. and mine is a 730N. They may be new numbers for 11 but it don't hurt to find out.
There are 2 radios offered with NAV 430N and 730N. One has more options then the other. I would suggest going to the Challenger information thread from resumespeed and checking all the info posted there on all options availiable at this time. Good info there for ya!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
There are 2 radios offered with NAV 430N and 730N. One has more options then the other. I would suggest going to the Challenger information thread from resumespeed and checking all the info posted there on all options availiable at this time. Good info there for ya!:bigthumb:
I knew the 430 was touch screen radio but didn't know it did nav and thought the Uconnect on it was optional. Not the button but the function.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Both 430N and 730N are NAV, 430N is Garmin, I can't remember what the 730N is.

I agree with parrothead on the sunroof, my 392 IE will not have one, for a couple reasons.

Stripes over the whole car will not look good over the sunroof, and the dang this has a lot of wind noise at 120 mph plus. However, I really like the sunroof on my 09 and my 08 megacab.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Another consideration with sunroofs is how long do you plan on keeping your car? If you're looking at 10 years or more then the question becomes do you want to deal with the potential of a leaking sunroof when the weather stripping starts to fail.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Two Words: Fleet Manager. They usual don't have their head up their azz like most salesmen.

And the great thing about ordering a car is that you have the car (order) and can get it from any Dodge dealer. Shop your car around.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Do not get the sun roof looks better without it plus you lose alot of head room because when I had my 2008 challenger my head touch the sun roof so when I got my 2009 I did not order one lot more head room and looks alot nicer good luck with yours:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Sun roof

I have a 392 supposedly shipped on the 11th, (Thanks Resumespeed for the info). I sat in a '10 with the sunroof, and at 6 ft 2, had sufficient headroom, although i did not try with a hat. I live in SC, and often open my sunroof on my other cars. In fact, if it is not too sunny, i like to drive with the shade pulled back, the moon and the stars at night just make driving more enjoyable. As for the stripe thing, well, it is what it is. The only thing i wish is that i could have optioned for black seats and passed on the white ones. I hope in time, i'll love the white seats.

All the best...

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a 392 supposedly shipped on the 11th, (Thanks Resumespeed for the info). I sat in a '10 with the sunroof, and at 6 ft 2, had sufficient headroom, although i did not try with a hat. I live in SC, and often open my sunroof on my other cars. In fact, if it is not too sunny, i like to drive with the shade pulled back, the moon and the stars at night just make driving more enjoyable. As for the stripe thing, well, it is what it is. The only thing i wish is that i could have optioned for black seats and passed on the white ones. I hope in time, i'll love the white seats.

All the best...
My '71 Cuda has white seats, I hated them when I first got it. It was always in the back of my mind to change them someday. Over time I have grown to really love them. Just re-did the whole in side of the car last summer with new carpet and seat "leather". Yep, they are still white. I would not change it for the world now.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I've never seen a single car, ever, with a sunroof or T-Tops that didn't have issues eventually from them. I would pass on it, but it's up to you. Don't say we didn't warn you.

·
Registered
2018 SRT
2,643 Posts
Ah Balls!! Get the dang sunroof. When your tooling down the road on a fine spring or fall evening and you got the top open .... your gonna love it!!! Better yet if your on the coast like some of us are and your jammin along the water with the top open... it just takes all the sh!t from the day or week away. This is gonna be YOUR car , make sure you get what you want the first time! Good luck.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think I would get stripe delete. Also on the sunroof, on the Challenger with the sunroof open and you roll down one or both windows buffeting seems to go away and it is pretty nice.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Another consideration with sunroofs is how long do you plan on keeping your car? If you're looking at 10 years or more then the question becomes do you want to deal with the potential of a leaking sunroof when the weather stripping starts to fail.
if it's a car that sits outside regularly uncovered this will be a problem. garaged/covered and routine stripping care should not be a problem.
TinCuda if you're going all out get every bell and whistle especially since you're not gonna buy another car for "awhile"

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have built a 2011 SRT8 on-line

I went to the Dodge website and was unable to build one online. It indicates that feature is "coming soon"?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
6 Speed all the way! Did you think about trying to find one of the IE 392s? If you are keeping it, I think this is the one to have.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
IMO...dump the sunroof, more because my hair is always rubbing on the headliner, you lose about 3 inches of headroom with a sunroof, plus it is going leak one day after your warranty is over. You'll also save one thousand dollars! And yes, get the car at invoice or walk. Good luck, this is an exciting time for you!:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts