Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved these stripes at first but them being below that body line is aggravating me now. Is it worth the trouble of taking them off and getting new ones or do they look good the way they are? I'm guessing if I took them off there's no way I could reuse them?

·
Registered
323 Posts
they kind of bother me. they go over the line and then the vertical line coming down doesnt match the rear bumper line which i think if it was lined up better it would. and then the line along your trunk gets bigger as well. that would bug me to no end. and yeah pulling them off you will have to scrap them and get a new set. but if it bugs you its propably worth doing.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It looks like they used the long top of the sticker to follow the body line, when what they should have done was match up the "Hemi" with the crease, then let the top/long part just flow into the body panel. I agree, if it bugs you, you're going to look at the car all the time and get frustrated, I'd redo it if I was in your shoes.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If you do not like them and they have not been on for a long time, they will come of fairly easy. A heat gun that is not too hot and start at the narrow areas, corners etc. and they should peel of in larger pieces. Be careful and do not use too much heat or ANYTHING that is sharp or has a sharp edge. Your thumbnail and fingernails should work well. No, you will not be able to use them again, they will be in pieces or stretched. I am not too crazy about that style of stripe, but remember that this is your car and the only one that you need to satisfy is yourself. Do not listen to other people, make your own decision.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes I can look at it and I think it looks awesome but then other times it bugs the crap out of me.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Sometimes I can look at it and I think it looks awesome but then other times it bugs the crap out of me.

If it bugs you at all currently then it will keep bugging you more and more the longer you have the car. If you have the time and money then best to deal with it now so that nothing bugs you about the car, except maybe the speeding tickets :smokin:

I would equate it to preventive health care...........best to not get sick in the first place so I spend more money on good food and exercise than anything else. Just rip that bandage off and get it over with as the anticipation is what scares you.

·
Registered
511 Posts
IMO they are not put on correctly, the stripe/writing appears crooked to the eye, does not follow the lines of the car

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I agree with the other posters; it just isn't lined up properly. The idea of it and the colors I'm a fan of, but the way they were put on is incorrect... to my eyes at least.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok now the question is should I just buy the same stripes or are these cut wrong?

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I like them. If you're committed to that color scheme on your car and don't feel self conscious with it on, do it. It's too flashy for my tastes, but that doesn't mean I don't wish I COULD pull that off.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Ok now the question is should I just buy the same stripes or are these cut wrong?
Hard to say without knowing what they were like before they were put on.

To me it looks like they were just lined up wrong on the car in the first place.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder how hard these would be to put on myself?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
nice stripes but they don't look right to me.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think they are just lined up wrong. The "Hemi" should have been leveled and horizontal. The upper line would then just floor into the body panel fine.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
I would have to agree, they just don't line up. The HEMI needs to line up with the fender body crease in order for them to look right.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
IMO they are not put on correctly, the stripe/writing appears crooked to the eye, does not follow the lines of the car
Unfortunately, I have to echo this opinion. I like the concept, but the rear doesn't match the body lines. I suspect they should have started at the rear, because the thinner part of the stripe is more "workable" and they would have been able to follow the body lines perfectly.

I would try to get whomever put them on to cut you a deal on replacing them.

Right now, I would call them 35 MPH stripes; somebody drives by at 35 or faster, they look great. Any further scrutiny, they don't. Not trying to be smart, but at a glance they do look OK.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Check out this site to see how they should have looked it applied properly
Dodge Challenger Rear Side Quarter Stripes Collection

I would also agree with a previous poster that if you had them applied "professionally" then go back to that shop/person and get them to make it right by paying for most of the cost of new stripes.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The guy that installed them said if I got another set of stripes he would redo them for free. So do you guys think they would look good if they're lined up right or should I just leave them off?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts