Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get my hands on a Challenger for the day:bigthumb:

My dad left the Challenger home for the day yesterday so I could wash it for him, so, I took it as an opportunity to have my OWN kind of fun with it:thumbsup: Most teenagers would race around the streets showing it off, trying to be the next Ken Block (an extremely talented drifter) or Ricky Bobby, but not me. I decided to call up one of my friends that I do a lot of my photography with and decided we would find a couple locations to shoot the Challenger. These pictures are mine, he took his own (haven't seen them yet). Let me know what ya think!

Tons more on my website in our Challenger gallery found here:
Our new Dodge Challenger R/T - M-B-Photos--Michael Barry | SmugMug

Here's just a few:

Like I said, there's quite a few more on my website (link at the top of the post)

Enjoy!:bigthumb::redcap:

·
Banned
675 Posts
you want to borrow mine?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great hdr pics. I never took enough pics of my other cars when I had them. I'm not making that mistake with my challenger

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice job MBPhotos. Cuda Dan

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I'd say you have a gift... that's a really clean car!

Just kidding, awesome photos... you have an eye for photography.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Nice photos. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you want to borrow mine?
If your ever in SoCal or if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, Absolutely!:bigthumb:

Nice photos, your Dad should be proud. They look like they were professionally done. :thumbsup:
Thanks Cuda! My dad always enjoys the pictures I get of our ride:thumbsup:

Great hdr pics. I never took enough pics of my other cars when I had them. I'm not making that mistake with my challenger
Thanks Clinton, but those aren't the HDR's, those are yet to come!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
630 Posts
Very nice!

I wish I could do that. My photos are always half-assed. I have a Canon S3 camera which should be decent, but I alway use full auto which probably isn't the way to go. I guess I need to read the book. Any hints?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice!

I wish I could do that. My photos are always half-assed. I have a Canon S3 camera which should be decent, but I alway use full auto which probably isn't the way to go. I guess I need to read the book. Any hints?
Hahaha, we've all been there!:thumbsup: And yes, the S3 is a great camera.

Personally I shoot in full Manual mode. There's a LOT to go by and there is no real "quick fix" answer. But, say you have lots of light (sun is starting to set but still has plenty of light, or is mid-day) I always shoot with a low ISO, 100 or 200. Then use an aperture of about F5. Again, it all depends on the gear your using, the light that's available and the effect your going for.

If you want your backdrop to be in focus also, Step back farther, and put your aperture up higher, like around F11, this will give you a larger DOF (Depth Of Field) and get more stuff in focus.

Shutter speed generally doesn't matter, if you need a really low shutter speed to get the effect you want and that your other settings restrict you to, use a tripod and the 2 second timer feature (this will keep the camera from moving the slightest bit from just your finger pushing the shutter button).

That's just a taste of some basic stuff. But like I said, it all comes down to the scenario. Different lighting, gear and the effect you want will demand different settings and techniques.

If you ever have any questions feel free to hit me up!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wow!!! That is one clean black R/T! The pics are incredible IMHO. You're Dad will undoubtedly be impressed.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Awesome pics MB. When I'm finished doing most of my exterior modding, I will definitly hit you up to do a little photo shoot with her. :banger:

I also look forward to meeting yourself and your dad at the annual meet on the 23rd.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
...I always shoot with a low ISO, 100 or 200. Then use an aperture of about F5. Again, it all depends on the gear your using, the light that's available and the effect...
:scratchhead:

Don't know what all that means... but a great looking car and awesome photos... Cool that you and your dad can share this... my son and I are too :bigthumb:

Chuck

·
Registered
651 Posts
Nicely done, brochure quality,
:smoker:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome pics MB. When I'm finished doing most of my exterior modding, I will definitly hit you up to do a little photo shoot with her. :banger:

I also look forward to meeting yourself and your dad at the annual meet on the 23rd.
Sounds good! And see you there! :D

excellent work! you have a gift! those are great shots
Thanks! :)

:scratchhead:

Don't know what all that means... but a great looking car and awesome photos... Cool that you and your dad can share this... my son and I are too :bigthumb:

Chuck
Hahaha Thanks Chuck, and yeah we love it! Definitely brings us both closer together :thumbsup:

Nicely done, brochure quality,
:smoker:
Thank you!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hahaha, we've all been there!:thumbsup: And yes, the S3 is a great camera.

Personally I shoot in full Manual mode. There's a LOT to go by and there is no real "quick fix" answer. But, say you have lots of light (sun is starting to set but still has plenty of light, or is mid-day) I always shoot with a low ISO, 100 or 200. Then use an aperture of about F5. Again, it all depends on the gear your using, the light that's available and the effect your going for.

If you want your backdrop to be in focus also, Step back farther, and put your aperture up higher, like around F11, this will give you a larger DOF (Depth Of Field) and get more stuff in focus.

Shutter speed generally doesn't matter, if you need a really low shutter speed to get the effect you want and that your other settings restrict you to, use a tripod and the 2 second timer feature (this will keep the camera from moving the slightest bit from just your finger pushing the shutter button).

That's just a taste of some basic stuff. But like I said, it all comes down to the scenario. Different lighting, gear and the effect you want will demand different settings and techniques.

If you ever have any questions feel free to hit me up!!:bigthumb:

Thanks! I'll have to get the book out so that I can figure out how set the aperture. I would really like to get some nice pics of my car. I could probably fumble through the menus and figure it out if I can't find the book....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts