Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from allpar.com:
get the whole thing here http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

"If a production Charger was made, it would, like the concept, keep the LX’s independent multilink rear suspension. Challenger would probably be V8 only — but also noted that this may depend on whether the Challenger would be made as a mass-market vehicle, á la Charger, or as a 10,000 cars/year specialty model. If the former, a V6 would help it to compete with the cheaper Mustang; if the latter, only V8s would make sense.

Some things would have to change to make it economically feasible and real-world driveable; the aerodynamics have apparently not been tested, and the shape would probably change a bit. The wheelbase alteration would add considerably to the cost of production, and the width probably would hurt as well. Certainly, the Hemi would have a standard air filter, catalytic converters, and muffler, and probably the six-speed stick would be sadly unavailable."

I really hope this is just speculation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much, DCx has already said that this car would be built on the new ly platform, which is very much the current E-class Merc. they have spawned off the super slick CLS and the R class people mover off of it with no real issues, so it is very adaptable...yes the car will change somewhat...but DCx has been very good at delivering what is promised...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CHARGERSHED said:
I wouldn't worry too much, DCx has already said that this car would be built on the new ly platform, which is very much the current E-class Merc. they have spawned off the super slick CLS and the R class people mover off of it with no real issues, so it is very adaptable...yes the car will change somewhat...but DCx has been very good at delivering what is promised...
ahh ok, makes me feel a little better. i know its really just guessing at this point, but what do you and everyone else feel will be changed come production time? All that I ask is the body stay true to form and a six speed. whats everyone else think will be changed?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Here's the Chrysler 300C concept from 2003:

It doesn't look much different than the production model, so I'm hopeful that DCX won't go the Charger route and kill the passion for the Challenger concept.

·
Registered
598 Posts
That's all speculation! Everything I heard at show was just the opposite,that the final production model would be very much be like the concept, including a manual tranny and all,so hang in there!;) :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
The people at DC wasnt born last night, they frequent the forums and get information what we as consumers like and dont like. To change up the challenger would be like putting a screen door on a submarine. The public loves the throw-back look as well as the 392 HEMI possibilities. Do you think the 300c would have sold as well as it did if DC would have changed it from the concept.

This is the first real rebirth of MOPAR MUSCLE from back in the day. The day of the 4 door muscle car is here, we cant change that but when the 2 door Challenger hit the streets things will change across the board. I am willing to bet Japan will come out with Japanese 2 door Muscle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
AMG said:
The people at DC wasnt born last night, they frequent the forums and get information what we as consumers like and dont like. To change up the challenger would be like putting a screen door on a submarine. The public loves the throw-back look as well as the 392 HEMI possibilities. Do you think the 300c would have sold as well as it did if DC would have changed it from the concept.

This is the first real rebirth of MOPAR MUSCLE from back in the day. The day of the 4 door muscle car is here, we cant change that but when the 2 door Challenger hit the streets things will change across the board. I am willing to bet Japan will come out with Japanese 2 door Muscle.
You actually not to far off. There was an article a while ago about honda creating their own very first v8 for mass production. Now to go find that link!

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I think we might see some minor changes in the shape of the body for aerodynamic and crash purposes, but otherwise this car should come out much as it is right now. After all the attention this things gotten in the media, it'd be kinda foolish to do too major of a redesign.... hopefully...

<fingers crossed>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts